Friday, December 14, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Yeouch!

It's unbelievable the amount of pain I am in. I mean, I knew things would get bad since I was arbitrarily denied access to a medication that actually made life, you know, livable; but this is genuinely fucked up, and much worse than I remember it ever being. And, of course, when I asked my doctor for a handful of pain killers to get me through the weekend until I start my Enbrel on Monday or Tuesday, she said no.

I don't get it either.

On the plus side, I'm supposed to have an appointment with this evil human being on Tuesday. However, if I can get her to sign off on the Enbrel on Monday, and after a quick tutorial on how to go about giving myself an injection, I will cancel my appointment with her and see a new doctor. At this point, even someone with either a Mengele or a Borgia in their family tree would be preferable.

Besides, in light of her wretched apathy and the last two weeks of a steadily-increasing, life-sucking onslaught of pain and suffering, if I am left alone in an examination room with this woman, I will most likely shank her with a shiv made from tongue depressors as though she were nothing more than a common prison-yard snitch.

Don't worry, though. I am trying to keep my mood as positive as I can. But, it's going to be a real bitch of a weekend here. I still haven't been able to finish shoveling up all the snow we got dumped on us on Tuesday (neither has my slave twin brother who's still staying with me since he's got one of those day job things). So, now the sidewalk behind the house is pretty much a glacier, and if this gets any worse, I'm going to have Swiss people hiking around asking questions and yodeling every time I try to take out the trash.

Now, as for this blog, it probably will be quiet here this weekend unless I can somehow medicate these aches away. I've got some Tylenol 3's, but those really do nothing but make me tired. And, unfortunately, even though they make me tired, I still can't sleep with this omnipresent, free-roaming ouch keeping me awake. It's not entirely unlike being randomly smacked with a tack hammer as I lay there silently contemplating the immense world of sheer sucky suckitude I seem to have gotten myself into.

Ah well... Tomorrow's another day folks (or today if anyone's actually awake at the time of posting this). So, in closing, I will leave you with this little bit of sage advice passed down to me from a Buddhist Monk I found perched high upon some Himalayan peak:

"At the drive thru, always remember that even though cheese refuses to be free, mayo always is."

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/14/2007 11:31:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. Good lord...I feel lost...what is the problem of why they are holding all this up? What reason are they giving you for No? I definitely would get another doc if they are not managing your pain.Maybe their brains are frozen? Are they with a pain management center?

    ReplyDelete