Sunday, December 2, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] I Need a Sponsor!

I think I may need to set up some sort of PayPal account to accept donations for this cause. I think I need to do this... I think I need to blog about it... I think Paul needs to join me if, for no other reason, than to hang onto the much-needed bail money.

Around the World in 60 Pubs

Around the World in 60 Pubs departing London
24th March - 20th April 2008

See the world through the bottom of your glass, on the FIRST EVER round-the-world pub crawl!

It's a round-the-world ticket, a list of pubs… and one hell of an experience.

At first, I wasn't all that thrilled with the whole idea of a month-long, globe-trotting, beer-swilling death trip, but the global pub-crawl makes a stop in my favorite town on the planet, Maria Alm, Austria. My picture even hangs in one of the bars there. I honestly can't imagine what the world would look like once I'm finished drinking my way from one corner of the globe to another.

Yowza!

I think I may need to reassess my budget for the year. Then again, maybe I can drum up interest in this noble quest as a story and get the whole thing paid for by some unsuspecting publisher.

About the only thing I have a problem with is that it's only sixty pubs. I have more than 60 pubs in my town alone. Why isn't it eighty --as in Around the World in 80 Days? Were they drunk when it came time to draw up the itinerary?

Oh hell, Dan. What kind of question is that? Of course they were. These are my kind of people.

Meh... I'm sure I can find an extra twenty out there to enjoy.

Well, I've got to go start my training. No pain, no gain, people!

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/02/2007 10:23:00 AM

2 comments:

  1. I think I might join ya on this trip mate!
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's a pub in DC where one used to "visit" a ton of countries, something like 60 or 100, via a "passport" thing they had, all from that one pub.  I've only been a couple times, so obviously haven't completed my passport yet.  Hmmm, yes, perhaps you could add 20 pubs to their listing, and just go enjoy?

    ReplyDelete