Sunday, December 23, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] A Disgusting Hit Job!



So, apparently "people" are "shocked" that Will Smith allegedly stated that Hitler was a "good person."

It's a story which I am sure will be making the rounds, and unfortunately, it's a complete and total fabrication, and I honestly wouldn't blame Mr. Smith if he grabbed a frothy mouthed lawyer and took the "journalists" responsible for this hit job to task.

Here's the article. Let me know if you actually see anything in there which would show Will Smith as saying that Hitler was a good person:

Smith: 'Hitler was a good person'

Will Smith has stunned the world by declaring that even Nazi dictator Adolf Hitler was essentially a "good" person.

The Men In Black star, 39, is determined to see the best in people, and is convinced the former German leader did not fully understand the extent of the pain and suffering his actions would cause during his time in power in the 1930s and '40s.

He says, "Even Hitler didn't wake up going, 'Let me do the most evil thing I can do today'."

I think he woke up in the morning and using a twisted, backwards logic, he set out to do what he thought was 'good'. Stuff like that just needs reprogramming.
"

Hitler's totalitarian leadership as Fuhrer during 1934 until his eventual suicide in 1945 resulted in the persecution of an estimated six million Jews in the Holocaust, and his invasion of Poland in 1939 led to the start of the Second World War.

So, what do you think? Is Will Smith saying that Hitler was a good person, or is he saying that Hitler believed he was doing good?

There's a difference there, and it's a genuine shame that some talentless, tabloid hack can't see it because he or she is excited to the point of pissing him or herself at the opportunity to twist an innocent man's words so as to besmirch what I think is one of the very few spotless characters in Hollywood.

This is not a scoop. This is a complete and total lie by this reporter. Will Smith does not think Hitler was a good person. Will Smith believes that Hitler thought Hitler was a good person. And, I'm going to side with Mr. Smith and agree that I seriously doubt Hitler woke up in the morning with the giddy desire to be the most evil human being known to man. I think Hitler was crazy, and I think Hitler was evil. But, I also think Hitler thought in his twisted mind that what he was doing was the best thing for the German people.

That is really what Will Smith was saying; however, his words are obviously beyond the comprehension of whatever half-witted, slobbering infant interpreting what was a rather insightful and eloquent statement.

Unfortunately, in this day and age, I'm certain Will Smith will be strung up and crucified as a result of some brainless reporter's zeal to destroy the image of a perfectly innocent, and unusually kind and gracious movie star for no other reason than... Well.... Who knows?

Anyway, I'm sure you'll probably be hearing a lot about this as the grist hits the gossip mill. Just do yourselves a favor and try to remember the truth to the matter, and don't give this unworthy story any legs with which to kick an innocent man. This is nothing more than someone trying to knock one of Hollywood's few remaining good people down a notch. And, I hope the disgraceful and dishonest fools at World Entertainment News Network (WENN) have the good sense to print a retraction and an explanation as to the punishment of the authors and editors involved in this disgusting hit job.

News should, at the very least, report the facts. This is Journalism 101. And, if the facts are something which are viewed as an obstacle to be manipulated and twisted until they tumble into the realm of the dishonest so as to further an agenda, then what remains is something which is more fabrication than a piece of genuine interest and relevance. And, it's clear from the antics of WENN that their dedication to the truth takes a back seat to the odious self-interest of their unqualified staff.

Now, in the interest of full-disclosure, I should say that I am personally not a big fan of Will Smith. I think he's a hell of a nice guy, but he's not that great of an actor or a musician. But, at least I base my opinions upon reality without the need to make something up just to destroy him or justify my dislikes.

I guess it just disgusts me when I see such obvious dishonesty in journalism. And, the thought that Will Smith's career will most likely take a hit as a result of some intellectually incompetent reporter is simply so damn unfair that it pisses me off. No one deserves this, and I really feel sorry for the guy. I mean, can you imagine that he's now got to explain all this to his children?

I can't imagine that. And, it's a damn shame that anyone should have to go through this.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/23/2007 11:54:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. As usual, some Twat of a reporter get's the upper hand. You wanna read what goes on over here. Total crap!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never had any reason to doubt Will Smith, and from what I'm reading here, what he's saying is how you're interpreting it -- that Hilter thought Hilter was a good guy.   Will Smith was being more intellectual than some tabloids can withstand, apparently.

    ReplyDelete