Saturday, December 22, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Gazoinks!

My feeds are forked!

Well, not mine personally. I think this blog is still sending out a feed. However, it seems every feed in my NewsGator collection has gone silent, and I am beginning to panic! People out there are writing things, and I'm not seeing them because technology has forsaken me.

The thing is, I've got gobs and gobs of blogs in my feeds list, and I have a feeling once NewsGator sorts out this glitch, I'm going to see a ridiculously huge number of supposedly new updates. The last time this happened, I went out of town for the weekend and came home to find something like 5,000 new things for me to read.

You people are a prolific horde, aren't ya?

Oh yeah... Aside from that, I've also got a bunch of news services on my feeds and those are always jumping (they usually put out about 500 - 1,000 updates a day or so as things happen in the world).

So, I have a request. And, yes. Call me selfish if you need to. But, could you all do me a favor and not write anything or do anything newsworthy until this issue is sorted out? Tell the rest of the world as well. Write your politicians too. It shouldn't be too hard keeping them from doing things (I mean, telling a Congressman not to work is like telling a fat kid to eat cake), but it may be a little rough keeping Larry Craig out of the bathroom and thus out of the news. So, if any of you bump into him, could you suggest that maybe he get a hotel room and keep his antics on the down low for a little while today?

I know it's a little hard getting in touch with the terrorists who always seem to be so eager to get their names and faces in the paper. But, if anyone out there knows a terrorist, could you maybe pass that message around as well? Tell them just to take some time off. It shouldn't be more than a few days. They can play World of Warcraft or Halo 3 if they need something to pass the time.

As for President Bush, well... I think to keep him from being in the news, it might be best to just lead him into the Oval Office with a handful of Slim Jims and tell him not to come out until he finds a corner. That should at least occupy his time until the New Year.

So, remember, if we work together, we can make a difference. And, to those of you who have already written or done something newsworthy, I apologize for not knowing about it.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/22/2007 10:25:00 AM

2 comments:

  1. Well, I was just planning to update my blog........... Sigh, oh well, I better not.
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, well, guess it's good I've neglected my online life for a few days, and now my own journal cuz of course, I need to catch up on everyone else's, eh?

    "Dubya" did do one thing -- today, the Federal Government is no longer under a Continuing Resolution (I thought went through only last Friday hmmm), but has an approved budget.  For FY 2008.  That started October 1st.  About time.  NOW he can leave and go play with himself or whatever I really don't want those details.

    Happy new year:)

    ReplyDelete