Friday, December 7, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] How to Get an 'F' in Your Journalism Classe...


I like this picture.

At what point do the comically incompetent and seemingly unqualified collection of prattling insects masquerading as "editors" and "journalists" over at Fox News just throw their arms into the air and admit that they don't know the first damn thing about what they're doing?

I think the funniest thing is how Fox rails against legitimate news publications such as The New York Times, USA Today, and just about every other news outlet that doesn't spend the majority of its content and broadcast time shoulder deep in the rectal cavity of the GOP. They brand them with some sort of contrived "Liberal bias," but the actual thing is, it would seem that the only bias a lot of these "Enemies of Fox" have is a bias to truth and a desire for accuracy. And, until Fox cleans up their disaster of a network and actually starts holding people accountable for their nonsense, I think the incompetent, intellectual infants who get on the screen and prattle about the evils of their competitors should be laughed straight out of their careers.

I mean, the picture posted here is just a meaningless story, but it's yet another an example of perhaps the shoddiest excuse of journalism since, well, I don't know. My high school paper clearly had higher standards and far more integrity than that collection of tabloid hacks and washouts over at Fox. But, when they're not just screwing up and proving themselves to be the Klondike Cops of journalism, Fox "News" also simply lies when the truth just gets in the way of their padded-knee, chin-dripping ingratiating, and they lie again and again and again and... well, I'm sure you could find tons more. (I spent ten seconds searching for these examples.)

On the plus side, I hope it burnsMurdoch, Ailes, the Fox fans, and the other prattling pillow-fluffers for the GOP that, not only did Fox "News" completely blow the entire story through one of the most comical displays of piss-poor journalism in the 21st Century by saying Bonds pled guilty, but legitimate news sources --and targets of Fox ire-- such as The New York Times, USA: Today, CNN, and even MSNBC got the story right when they reported that he actually pled not guilty.

So,
kids? Join me in pointing and laughing at Fox (again).

Hah-hah!


Yes. I know I said I probably wouldn't be writing again until Monday. But, it's late, and I spent a large part of the day with a boatload of opiate-enhanced pain-killers trotting through my system, and instead of a blazing heap of pain, I've sort of got this warm, fuzzy, pillow-wrapped wonderfulness all around me (and man! You should see the typos I've had to correct in this entry. Yeesh!).

Normally, I don't really enjoy the blur these things drive me into, but when you spend a day with just about every bone feeling as though it's been broken, and every tendon feeling as though it's about to give up with a painful snap, a nice, warm fog is pretty damn welcome. Even my ear-lobes feel as though they're wearing nice, warm, ear-lobe-fitted mittens.

Unfortunately, both shoulders, both knees and one Achilles' tendon hurt, but those are big joints, and a pretty thick tendon that's been gnawed on by inflammation, and I think I'd need something more hefty than any rational human would take.

Then again, if I raided Rush Limbaugh's medicine cabinet, I'm pretty sure I'd be hitting Broadway with a Riverdance revue to Irish speed-metal music.

Okay... If I can write tomorrow, I'll give it a whirl. I can't make any promises, though. I'm bad with those things, anyway. But, I do promise that I will try.

G'night world. And, to my chums in England, Good Freakin' Morning! Enjoy the coffee and look forward to an afternoon of beer and football (or cricket).

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/07/2007 10:35:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. We get the Fox news feed on Sky here, without the commericials thank God! If I ever want to wind myself up, I watch Fox news for 10 minutes!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete