Monday, December 3, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Death is on the Menu...


I bought a deep fryer. I bought one just like the little gizmo pictured here.

I was so frustrated from racing back and forth across town that I decided I deserved a little treat for myself. It's Christmas time, after all.

So far, I made a massive batch of awesome French fries, and though not as good as the frites I've had in Holland, they're actually not half bad. I wish I could figure out how to make them as insanely delicious as the Dutch, but I blame the quality of the potato for my shortcoming.

So, people of Idaho, get to work on that, okay?

Next up on the menu is fried chicken for tonight's dinner. And, it will be cooked in a boiling cauldron filled with the shattered dreams of America's cardiologists. And, with an unbelievable 7 herbs and spices like the Colonel. Then, perhaps I'll deep fry some mashed potatoes and whatever vegetables I can find, and for desert, I might deep fry a Pop Tart.

Now, I know you're all curious and probably wondering how long it's going to take before I deep-fry bacon, but considering that I had a bacon-wrapped meatloaf for dinner last night where the actual meatloaf was inevitably cooked in a confit of bacon, I think it's best to shy away from anything crazy (besides, when you fry bacon in a pan, you are, actually, deep-frying bacon).

Anyway, I dig my little deep fryer. I mean, it could be a little bigger, but for just bashing out little things here and there, it does an excellent job. And, aside from the inevitable heart-clogging I'm sure I'll suffer from the glut of fried food, this little three-liter Rival fryer is a hell of a lot safer than the wobbly, three-legged, Fry-Daddy my neighbor often used to practically incinerate herself once or twice a week in days gone by.

Well, it's time for me to get back to plugging my arteries. I hope you all are doing well and wonderful.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/03/2007 05:38:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. What you need is an ordinary every day chip pan. a half pound of beef driping and as many tater chips as will fit in the pan. (Leave the lid off when cooking.)

    Enjoy.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're braver than I am. I'm afraid of deep frying anything LOL!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with commenteer #1 beef dripping is the best.
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete