Thursday, December 6, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Beer is Magic.

I only have one problem with this little snip here from an article describing things to do with beer.


There are many different uses for beer besides getting drunk.

There are many useful uses for beer besides drinking it and having fun. Most of us just enjoy drinking beer, but the truth is, it can be used in a variety of different ways. Especially when you don't want to throw away any extra beer you have. Here are just 10 examples of what you can do with them. (Full story)


Throw away extra beer?!? In what kind of strange world does this person live where they would so cavalierly dispose of extra beer? Don't they know that every drop is sacred?

That's... that's... just wrong.

Anyway, it's actually a nice, somewhat useful, bit of information, and there are some good tips in there. Personally, however, I'd tend to skip all those tips which don't end with the beer going into my mouth in one way or another.

So, how about you? Do you have any handy household tips involving odd things which one wouldn't normally consider using?

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/06/2007 11:04:00 AM

5 comments:

  1. I've made beer bread before.  And brushed my teeth with baking soda.

    I like to think neither is actually weird:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't think of any odd things I use. I will admit to using beer to make beer batter for deep frying once in a while. Hey, that could come in handy with your new fryer! It doesn't get much better than beer battered shrimp with a cold one to go with it. Other than that, beer for anything other than drinking is alcohol abuse ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Extra beer" is an oxymoron at our house. There is no such thing. The only time I can think of is when we had some friends come to visit, and one of them doesn't drink, so we had some O'Doul's (technically, not real beer). We had a six-pack left over, and we sold it in a garage sale for a dollar.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Iv'e never had any extra beer to through away!
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm well I've washed my hair with it.  (no clue why I used to do that but back then I had a reason) made it shine?

    And I am questioning that grass one... since one time (when I was party girl promise) I was a bit tipsy and said "hmm this plant looks like it needs a drink" and poured some beer in it.. next day DEAD!  Though it was a "prayer plant" maybe grass is different.

    :)

    Don't be getting sick of my comments I have a lot of reading to do!
    Promise

    ReplyDelete