Saturday, December 22, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Saturday.... Saturday...

So, who's doing what this weekend?

Is anyone actually silly enough to try and get some last-minute shopping done? Or, are my readers more sensible in that they will spend the next couple of days with their feets up with a tall glass or a steaming mug of cheer in their hands?

As for me... Well... This Saturday is an absolute "nothing" day. Seriously, I have absolutely nada on the list of things to do. I mean, if I become ambitious (which is ridiculously improbable), I may install some new pickups into my dusty, under-played Stratocaster just for kicks and giggles. But, I'm afraid that would lead to the urge to play the damn thing, and the end result of that would be sore fingers and whatnots.

I may go for a walk --or waddle-- in the fog since I always think foggy walks are cool. I'm not sure why, either. It's just sort of cool slinking and skulking around in the mist and haze of a foggy winter day.

Anyway, what's going on out there in your worlds? Christmas is upon us, so some of you may actually be traveling to be with family and friends, and if that's the case, do be safe and if you're flying, don't forget to take a deep breath and count to ten when muddling your way through the TSA.

Well, I think I'll be off for the day. Have a great weekend everyone, and if you're off until Wednesday, do yourselves a favor and do what you can to forget you even have a job.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/22/2007 09:28:00 AM

2 comments:

  1. I did go shopping today and yesterday, why? Because I am a twat! Gaz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seems my local travels got caught up with the hordes of thousands departing from, or through and beyond, DC (and Maryland).  UGH.  Worse than rush hour.  
    After that, my daughter wished to check out an item at a store.  Hmmm.  I figured we'd see as it got us out the door of my mother's.  It was actually fun to window shop in tree-lit downtown Frederick, Maryland.  It was a bit quaint, even if no Christmas presents were located, just a gold 70's disco dress and jacket suitable for her guy friend as he plays the part of wicked stepsister in Cinderella.  For $5.  With hot tea and desserts provided to customers passing through.

    We slept in Sunday, watched movies and made decorations, doing nada until almost dinnertime.  It was a fantastic respite.

    ReplyDelete