Wednesday, December 5, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] It's Still a Holiday Classic to Me.

This always cracks me up.



I've never really been a fan of Alec Baldwin or this later generation of Saturday Night Live, but every once in a while, they did put together some pretty hilarious stuff.

For what it's worth, I grew up watching SNL in the mid-to-late 70's, and when that was finished up around midnight, my brothers and I would watch SCTV until we either passed out from exhaustion as a result of three hours of constant laughter, or our parents were ticked off that our squealing and giggling woke them up --again.

Still, that was when SNL was simply at its best, and the outrageousness of the skits in those days could never be duplicated in today's oppressive climate of political correctness. I mean, the things they got away with in those days would most likely get a network shut down today, and that's kind of sad, I think.

Ah well...

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/05/2007 10:00:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. Move here, we still get away with it!
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't even watch the clip, because I could tell right away it was the Schwetty Balls bit. A classic! I loved SCTV, too...they blowed up REAL good!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete