Wednesday, December 12, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Flu, Flew, Flue... Umm... Fleaux?

Yesterday, while seeing my doctor, I got a flu shot. I don't know why. Be it Jagermeister or the influenza virus, I just have a really hard time turning down a free shot of anything. What can I say? I'm weak, people.

So, needless to say, I now actually have the flu --or at least a watered down version of it. Unfortunately, unlike the Jagermeister of my delightful college days, this shot really could have used a little more watering down. I've got the aches, chills, a little fever and I spent most of the morning talking to some guy named Ralph on the big, white, porcelain telephone.

Don't worry though. I think the worst has passed, and right now I just feel like laundry... dirty, dirty laundry.

Nonetheless, I am really not enjoying the entire month of December so far. In fact, I want to burn it with fire and listen gleefully as these thirty-one days crackle and hiss until they're reduced to impotent smoldering embers on New Year's Day. Bwaahahaa!

Aside from that, though, I'm going to probably just being doing maintenance posts today as I tinker around and try to tidy this place up a bit. I think there are still some things in my AOL Journal archives which I'd like to transfer over to this little slice of heaven here on Blogger.

Right now, however, I need to cook some eggs and chisel my morning paper out of the block of ice in which it's encased. When it rains in Wisconsin in December, you pretty much know that things are going to get lethally icy pretty damn quick, and yesterday it was just pouring all day. Ugh!

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/12/2007 04:39:00 AM

1 comment:

  1. I've always wondered about those flu jabs. I mean, if you nly get flu once a year - ish, what's the point if the jab itself brings on the very symptoms you want to avoid?
    Still, as you say, if it's something for nothing it's hard to refuse.
    B.

    ReplyDelete