Wednesday, December 5, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] My World's All Messed Up...

Snow...

There's a lot of snow here. A storm rolled through my neighborhood yesterday and dumped about three or four inches of white stuff everywhere, and I was actually kind of happy with it. It didn't look like a whole heck of a lot, and I figured I'd have it all shoveled away before noon. Unfortunately, while I slept, little did I know that down the street Lake Michigan was doing its thing and, somewhere during my peaceful slumber, that massive puddle regurgitated about six more inches of snow upon us poor sods who think life along the lakeshore is "pretty."

Well... It is pretty, I guess... It's pretty miserable, and it's pretty likely to stay this way pretty much until June. See? Pretty!

Actually, I don't really mind it, and I suppose I'd like the wintry weather a lot more if the neighbor kid would get off his dead ass and bang on my door with an offer to clear my sidewalks. I'd shovel myself, but since I was denied my Remicade, I just freakin' hurt. And, it's not just the little finger and toe joints anymore. The big ones like knees, neck, elbows and eyelids are all sorts of achy nasty. Add to that the fact that I'm a ridiculously lazy bastard who has recently developed an unholy relationship with his deep fryer, I'm half tempted to go kick in that kid's door and demand he get to work.

Needless to say, I'm snowed in, and I really am losing what little faith I have in America's children. If I could open my front door, I'd go over and scold his mother for doing such a lousy job of parenting. I don't care if her son is in school learning things. I have a couple of tons of nature on my concrete, and it's time for her to reassess her child's priorities.

Oh well... I suppose I'll see if I can let it wait until noon, and then, if things aren't too sore, hopefully I can get out and clean up this mess myself. I may even take a picture or two.

So, how are you? Is there snow in your world?

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/05/2007 10:20:00 AM

4 comments:

  1. ALL my neighbors have snow blowers! and does a single one offer to help me?! NOPE!!!!!!  
    I need to dig out my old fashion shovel and get the boys to do it before it gets to heavy! I try to explain this to them but they don't get it and complain when the snow is done falling and they have to get out there!


    ~~Make it a Great day~~

    Sharon

    http://journals.aol.com/buggieboo1/ImASurvivor/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to ask you where the photos are:)  Cuz, yanno, it's "pretty" there.  We're finally getting snow here today, too.  Perhaps up to 3 inches of snow, which is quite mild but sufficient for a first snowfall.

    I suppose CatDog would give you an insufferable look if you attempted to get HIM to shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No snow, we don't get it often. I did wonder how you were, it said on the nes here people have died. Over 10" though?
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yup, got about six inches of the stuff last night. The Mustangs stayed in the garage, and my husband drove me to work before heading off to his job. And yeah, it was pretty, but it's not fun to drive in. We're supposed to drop down to single digits tonight. Arggh. Lake Michigan is the one that always gets us here, too.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete