Saturday, December 1, 2007

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Here. Have a Treasure Hunt.


Hi folks.

Bored?

If you'd like to have a bit of fun, here's a link to Wisconsin's freeway cameras where you can sit and gawk during this freakin' odd storm we're suffering through (first, click a red dot, then click on one of the camera-looking icons). It's not much fun since it's night time and the cameras aren't on a live streaming feed but a three-minute update. Still, if you get lucky, you can see headlights in places where they really don't belong.

I find it addicting because I know where all the hot spots for weather-related automotive retardation are (the Zoo, and the Marquette Interchange for example).

Anyway, so far, all I've been able to see are a bunch of tire tracks going off in odd directions.

The storm itself is really getting ugly. At first, we had a bit of rain, then it turned to all snow for most of the day. Now, it's a sort of odd freezing rain. In fact, I just stuck my head out the door a short bit ago, and it felt as though someone hurled a handful of razorblades at my face.

Oh yeah! See that lonely little sign post standing there in the picture above? I'm thinking that it will be reduced to kindling sometime around bar close tonight. It really doesn't stand a chance. Poor sign. Perhaps if I paid more attention while driving, I could pass along whatever message it is you are trying to say. But, best of luck there, buddy.

-DP
Inside the ice cave. Send booze!


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 12/01/2007 05:22:00 PM

1 comment: