Wednesday, April 2, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] You Do Care What I Had for Lunch, Right? Ri...

Hi there. I'm just dropping in to see how things are and stuff. It's a gorgeous-ish day here with a big, shining sun and temperatures in the freakin' upper-forties!

Hell yeah!

So, I've been out trying to take pictures of things other than ducks, geese, seagulls and drops. It's kind of shocking though. I mean, I have no idea how to approach colors like green and blue. It's been so long.

Aside from that, however, I really do feel the need to share with you the lunch I just made and consumed. Was it good?

I'm not going to spoil it for you.

Now, be warned, I don't recommend making this particular sandwich unless you are either Polish or German. This thing could drop a Frenchman in a couple of seconds, and I've not tested it on The British. My guess it that it would leave them whimpering in the streets drinking battery acid to get the taste out of their mouths.

Anyway, the dread-sandwich consisted of some pan-fried smoked kielbasa placed on some nice, gloppy, stick-to-the-back-of-your-teeth white bread. Then, it was covered in cheese-curds (white and orange) and ketchup.

Serve with a side of stale potato chips, a can of coke, and a double dose of Lipitor, and you've got a lunch that should make any cardiologist weep openly.

Was it good?

I honestly don't know. It was yummy cheesy, but thanks to the freakin' Canadians, I've been putting cheese curds on things in place of regular cheese (a few orange ones are awesome if you crumble them over pizza).

Ah well... I hope that doesn't scare you too badly.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/02/2008 02:31:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. ... I am wondering if you are Canadian or from Wisconsin ... never tried curds at home, but there is a small restaurant chain around here, Culver's that sell 'em ...

    ... might have to try that ... throw some sauerkraut on the kielbasa ..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Little miss muffet sat on her tuffet eating her curds and whey, curds are cheese that needs processing, whey is the top skim of milk, or are we talking iraqiscause they are curdish?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had the odd Kurd, but never curds ;-)
    Gaz
    Ps, I was just kidding

    ReplyDelete