Wednesday, April 23, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] This Wednesday Thing.

Here's today's picture... It's an older one, but I've not been able to get out and shoot anything the last day or so. So, I think you may have to settle for the quick and the dirty for a bit.

Moon

I don't know why I liked this one enough to stuff it into my Flickr page. It would have been a hundred times cooler if the moon was full, but, unfortunately, I just don't have any control over those things.

Aside form that, I hope everyone is well and wonderful this Wednesday.

Me?

I'm not doing so great. But, it's nothing all that out of the ordinary, and it's even somewhat expected. The thing is, living with chronic pain really wears a person out and strains the sanity. And, it's frustrating to no end to have these limits forced upon me. Even something as simple and benign as typing has become something for me to look at and define in terms of pain. For example, now, when I approach writing, I think about what I wish to say in terms of how I can go about paring it down to as few keystrokes as possible since every single one feels as though it's a violent, head-on collision sending waves of pain up my inflamed little phalanges. As a result, my thoughts come across as wildly disjointed and barely even coherent.

Warm weather, however, brings hope. It brings more fucking hope than any amount of medication --be it infusion or injection or a simple pill packed with opiates-- could ever bring. And, time and hope are the only two things I currently have in abundance. And, as I sit here watching my fingers slowly bend themselves backwards as a result of these inflamed joints, the millions of words I want to say remain somewhat silenced.

It's frustrating, I guess, but they will always get better. It's just hanging here in the interim that can be a little maddening.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/23/2008 11:24:00 AM

6 comments:

  1. Mad man and his moon.  Really cool photo you gave as a quickie.

    Hope our pain lessens soon.  Maybe someplace warmer could, someday, be in your future???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you should try one of those voice activated programs?

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... I used to dream as a kid of moving my Mother to Arizona ... and in the comics of the time, 'the great American Southwest' was the stomping grounds of the Sal Buscema 'Incredible Hulk' ...

    ... perhaps it could be your stomping grounds too ..?

    ... and if it isn't too much to ask of you ... would you mind sharing your picture with me ..?  I think that it is a nice one ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. For someone racked in pain, your insight and wit shine through. Warmer days help. I am glad. I wish that everyone I dealt with had your fortitude. Good luck, spring and warmer days are knocking at the door, giving you what I hope are tantalizing glimpses of the glorious pain-free days of summer. Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope things ease up for you soon, Dan.

    All my best,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi !!!!! I always enjoy a picture of the moon. I have been seeing it on my way to work so I am glad you shared this.

    Today I had to leave work early and go to the doctor which I won't go into details about. Needless to say going to the doctor was NOT fun. I do hope you are feeling better today.

    Thanks again for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete