Thursday, April 3, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Today's Foto!

For today's picture, I'm tinkering with some macro-filters, and I snapped a quick picture of this odd, little, heart-shaped leaf.

Hearty Leaf

Now, the first mistake I made was not cropping the thing at 100%, but here's what it looks like when I do that.

Problem number two?

Well... There's no frame of reference. For example, this leaf is roughly the size of a dime, but you have no way of knowing that.

Now, I've just got to get my grubby mitts on one of the bugs crawling around inside my Jeep. That should be scary.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/03/2008 12:19:00 PM

6 comments:

  1. ... have you ever thought of making one of those things with a group of photo ... maybe I am looking for the word 'array' ... but that isn't it ... anyway, this with the dragonfly carries a theme of sorts ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mark.  I think you mean "collage," and I've never really been all that great at those sorts of things.  

    I could do some sort of slide-show, but those things can tank a webpage and lead to really slow load times.  

    Right now, though, I'm just learning the ins-and-outs of this camera.  Eventually, I'll learn all those nifty Photoshop tricks.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh stop complaining hon, don't you see perfection when it's in front of you? The top photo is perfect as is! I love it. I don't know why, but this one speaks to me. Speaking of, how is the writing venture going these days? I seldom hear much from you, so I'm left to question you in comments (winks)...Any how leave well enough alone, I assure you I'm not the only one that sees the beauty in the above picture. (Hugs) Indigo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha.

    And, yes, I do agree.  I LOVE that first photo best.  As if a heart still grows in the snow or something.  Sort of.  But, I like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the top picture.
    B.

    ReplyDelete