Monday, April 7, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] One You Might Have Missed...

So, I kind of uploaded a heap of pictures today, and though I normally like to keep it to four so the little widget on the left side of my Blogger blog can stay current without skipping any; plus, posting four a day kind of keeps me from exceeding my meager monthly 100mb bandwidth limit on my free Flickr account while also keeping the quality of the photo somewhat in tact. Someday, though, I'll have to fork over some cash and upgrade, but not today. But I digress...

Nonetheless, since I did go a little nutty, here's one of the pictures you may have missed this morning since it maybe spent about a second in my sidebar widget:

Beach Chain

Now, I have no idea what this is holding shut. There's a big concrete cylinder, with a massive concrete lid on top, and the whole thing is bound shut like the gates of purgatory with this heavy iron chain (but it does have a shiny new Master lock on it).

Anyway, the one you see here is round where the other two out there where the lifeguard towers stand are square. So, I'm wondering what is being kept inside this tomb. I mean, it could be Zombie Hasselhoff since this is a beach, but I'm more inclined to think that this is the gateway to some choice Morlock property.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/07/2008 05:44:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. I first watched "The Time Machine" when I was a little kid, and the Morlocks creeped the hell out of me. They STILL creep me out, so thanks for reminding me of them! If I have nightmares about the Morlocks tonight, I blame YOU.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is that Lake Michigan?  Wow, you were up early.  Why the hell get out of bed that early if you don't have anywhere to be???  If I'm seeing the sun at that time of day, it's because I haven't went to bed yet.  Although, if I'm seeing the sun like that on Lake Michigan, it's from the East side so it's actually pretty late in the afternoon.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete