Tuesday, April 1, 2008

AOL Photo Challenge --Aged!


I thought this would be a neat thing to take part in, so why not? 

This time around, they're looking for something aged, so I took my trusty leaf and boosted the brights and lowered the saturation, and you know what?

I pretty much wound up right where I started when the picture came out of the camera.   But, I like this picture.  It looks, feels and, if you were lucky enough to live close-by, I'd show you that it even SMELLS bad.  It's bubbly and old. 

Aged Leaf

Wish me luck.  What do you guys think? 

-DP

Tags: , ,

10 comments:

  1. Wow, perfect aged entry, seems to be decomposing right before our eyes!
    Wonderful detail & a natural sepia tone to it!!!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting...and the clarity is great!  good job.
    gina

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it :)....you need more leaves let me know :).
    Betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks like me on a good day

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is cool -looks like little mold spores on it.I love to take pix of leaves-glad I'm not the only one,My family sees me bent over leaves and snapping and asks what are you taking a pictue of--these leaves  (((smile)))
    connie

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like it... to me it looks like it's frozen in ice just above the asphalt.  Very eerie and cool.

    Veronica

    journals.aol.com/vbonalesmd/MyPaperCuts

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks everyone.  Your comments mean a lot to me, and I'm happy to hear you enjoy the picture.  

    I have to admit, I'm amazed at all the different things everyone's pulling from this photo.  Who knew something so simple could make people think is so many different directions?  

    I'm glad you all like it.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very nice entry, DP...Glad you decided to join in the challenge. :)
    Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's really intesting - great texture and the photo editing was perfect for this challenge.  Nicely done! :-)

    Monica
    http://journals.aol.com/monicasmemoirs/midnight-conversations/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats Dan! Good to see you on this side of J-Land, hope you'll play along more often. Martha ~

    ReplyDelete