Saturday, April 19, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] A Little Learning...

Yes. Today's picture is something I made a complete and total hash out of while post-processing it. The thing is, I'm trying to get a feel for snapping pictures of landscapes, and I wanted to post it to get some feedback or whatever. So, if ya got thoughts, spit 'em out!

Learning landscapes...

The thing is, I've gotten used to taking pictures of individual things (freakin' tulips, for instance) as opposed to pictures of everything. But, I liked this one. I like the various lines and spikiness of it all (and no. I didn't know 'spikiness' was a word until about three seconds ago). If you look at the larger size, you can see more detail.

Aside from that, I know there's not much color (which is probably why I went with the diffusion in the hopes of adding some sort of life), but y'know? This is Wisconsin, and things are still pretty brown. Soon, though...

Anyway, I hope you guys like this one.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/19/2008 01:03:00 PM

4 comments:

  1. As a critic, I flunk. However, I know what I like and I think this is terrific. The way the differnt shades of brown, such a dull word, but you know what I mean,  fade up and up, well it's great! Almost like Nature's Way of making a Clairol  commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !!!!! I have to say that I like this. I like the different shades of brown and the light in this shot. I am glad you took this. I like shots of nature and I think that you should take more shots like this one. You need to have your shots put in a gallery because I think your shots are like that of an artist with a canvas. Do keep it coming please !!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bloody cool photo mate, I love it.
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the light in this one Dan. If I had a comment to make at all it would be that it might look better with something in the foreground.
    Still, it's a nice shot.

    B.

    ReplyDelete