Friday, April 11, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] An off day...

Hey folks... Lots and lots of pain today (man! It's been a rough week on that end). So, I think I'll be just sort of doing as little as possible.

On the plus side, I am due for another dose of my Humira injection, so that should help somewhat (remind me to write more about that later when I get the chance).

Also, there's a Doctor Who marathon on the SciFi Channel all day today, and if any of you know me, you know that I simply can not resist. I'm like a freakin' moth to a candle flame, a gnat to a bug zapper, a dingo to a baby, a... umm... I'd better stop there.

Nonetheless, I will try to post a daily picture, but I can't make any promises.

So, please feel free to use this post's comments section to share your weekend plans.

As for my weekend plans, well... the weather is going to be utter crrrrrrrraaaap here with rain and snow and wind and temperatures so cold that meat wouldn't even hang in it. In other words, it's going to be good writing weather. Also, The Masters' is on, and though I'm not a big fan of golf, there's just something so remarkably relaxing and summery about watching that tournament.

Anyway, what are you kids doing? Is anyone running guns and drugs to South American guerrillas?

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/11/2008 09:39:00 AM

5 comments:

  1. nope i'm only into the slave trade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just got myself booked in for an injection in my knee next week. Hope it works as well as yours.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watching the snow flakes fall and the daffodils die. Sad, sad, sad.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Dr. Who too! My brothers & dad got me into it. I know, I know...April 12th & snow! Ugh! But I remember my cousins getting married on April 16th & we had snow going to the reception. I think spring is just about here though. Winter just is fighting hard not to say goodbye!

    Just relax this weekend. I'm heading up to my folks & my sibs & nieces are celebrating my birthday which was when I was in AZ for spring break. I think we are going to see Nim's Island tomorrow. It will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ... yes, the 'dingo - baby' reference WAS too far ..! LOL

    ReplyDelete