Wednesday, April 16, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Shocking?

Today's Picture will shock you... (har, har, har.)

The Voltage is High.

I love this picture. I really do. I like the curves on the sign. I really dig how the top of the pole almost looks electrified in the sunlight. The lines above are just blank slashes across the sky meeting in a mad tangle at the top, and the wood has a ton of character brought out as a result of the shadows.

Neat-O!

What do you guys think?


-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/16/2008 10:11:00 AM

3 comments:

  1. Yep, impressive. And what a fantastic sky. I take it your polariser has arrived?

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, this was taken with my clunky UV filter and tweaked and softened in Photoshop.  You should see some of the pictures I took of the sign on the other side of the pole --there are actually two of these signs on one pole for some weird reason-- when I was shooting into the sunlight.  

    Disastrous.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, I thought it was a semi-weird picture of a new ice cream cone.

    ReplyDelete