Saturday, April 5, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] It's Baseball Season After All...

Now, I'm not a big baseball fan, but I found this old picture that belonged to my grandfather. So, I snapped a picture of a picture as my world began to twitch from the disruption in the metasphere:

Opening Day

There's a bit of scribbling on the bottom which states that this picture was taken on Opening Day in 1953, and that also happens to be the same day the old "Gray Lady" that was Milwaukee County Stadium first opened its gates.

Now, to put things into perspective, here's what they're playing baseball in now:

click to embiggenate

Neat, huh?

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/05/2008 08:52:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. ... that is neat ... what does it feel like to have these memories, lasting forever in the photos ..?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you can tell the year by looking at the cars

    ReplyDelete