Friday, April 4, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] It's THEM!

Dawn mentioned something in the comment section of the previous entry about my ants (I actually have two of them on the porch), and I thought I'd post the picture here.

Yes.  That's my foot.

Yes. It's the extremely rare, and incredibly lethal Egyptian Golden Dung Ant. One bite is enough to drop an elephant. The gold color is meant to attract creatures (such as me) who are fascinated by small, shiny objects, or those who are just plain greedy, and once hypnotized by the luster and false promise of wealth, the ant will strike to deposit its lethal venom (a neurotoxin derived from discount Canadian whiskey) and quickly flense its unfortunate victim's bones like a fat kid on a chocolate cake.

Fortunately, the two I have are domesticated, and though they take an awful long time to play fetch, they've got that whole "Stay" thing down pretty well. They're like statues.

The really cool thing is how freaked out the girlfriend/ex-girlfriend is by these ants. But, since I'm such a nice gent, I try not to torture her with them. In fact, about a year ago, I told them to stay, and they've not budged an inch since.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/04/2008 11:49:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. I love the ants!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool.  Although, I would've had fun torturing anyone with them but maybe I'm just slightly meaner than you are.  ;)
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete