Friday, April 11, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Today's Picture... ASAP!

Let's see... It's Friday, and some of you may be heading to Happy Hour to get your drink on, so, with that in mind, I present to you Today's Photo:

Church Key

I've had this opener since I was about twelve-years-old when I won it at the local Catholic church festival one summer a billion years ago (I think it was even blessed since I never got an underage drinking ticket so long as I had the thing in my pocket). It used to have colors on it, but as you can see, in 28 years, a lot has been worn off, and there's just a slight hint of blue remaining in the famous Blue Ribbon.

What really makes me like this picture, though, is how the background turned out. Yes. A lot will say that all that bright white distracts the eye, and perhaps they're right. Then again, it adds a certain sense of perspective and depth, doesn't it?

I hope you enjoy! And, if you do go out and plow your way through happy hour, do remember that you do not have to be good, but you most certainly should be careful.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/11/2008 02:22:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. You got that at a protestant church we all know there is no beer drinkers in the catholic faith!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, yes, TGIF!  I like it, and the background.  And the story.

    I'll get my "drink" on tomorrow night, when I'm with all adults and not driving.  Tonight, I'm chaperoning the young teens, and driving.

    ReplyDelete