Wednesday, April 16, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] A Little Miscellany

I apologize ahead of time for the complete randomness of this all, but I just wanted to get some things down here that struck me today.

First, starting this Saturday (April 19th), the whole stultifying gibberish of Ben Stein's film is being actively countered in Philadelphia by what's being called The Year of Evolution. If you live anywhere near Philly, I strongly recommend you look into this (I'm hoping to make it sometime during the year. I may even walk). Consider me a Philly fan this year. This is the best way of countering the stupidity that film seeks to encourage.


Next, there's a big difference between a good picture taken with a good camera, and a good camera in the hands of a talented photographer. And, though I think I take some pretty decent pictures, here's a 14 year old girl who is so damn talented, it's just freakin' amazing. With the same kind of Nikon D40 camera, I take pictures, but this girl really does make art. And, at 14?!?

Freakin' kids...

Anyway, go check out some of the great things this girl is doing, and ask yourself whether or not you saw the world in the same way at her age? After all, if I were snapping pictures at fourteen, they'd mostly be about Cheetos and whatever video game I was playing at the time.


Finally, I'm out the remainder of the day. Fortunately, the weather her is mostly nice with lots of sun and temperatures in the 70's. On the other hand, it's brutally breezy outside with a 20-25mph sustained wind and gusts upwards of 50mph.

Man... Do we ever need leaves on the trees.

So, have a great day one and all and everyone in between. I'll see ya tomorrow!

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/16/2008 11:44:00 AM

3 comments:

  1. You're absolutely right Dan, Frances is one talented girl. Some of those pics are just amazing. And only fourteen!
    Than ks for the link.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ... you are right about that little girl ... it would be nice for her to make her talent work for her ...

    ... you really got it out for the evolutionist ... they are a threatening group ... but who is going to take them on, in an intellectual battle, that is meaningful and can be engrossing to the masses ..?  Oh, and if it isn't asking too much, can the same masses be open enough to listen ..?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You mean creationists, right Mark?  hehehe...

    I don't really have it "out for them."  Honestly, I don't mind if they wich to spout their intelligent design nonsense in church where it belongs as opposed to the classroom where it doesn't qualify as a science.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete