Tuesday, April 1, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Someday... (dammit).

Here's your picture for April Fool's Day...

Clothes Pins

Now, insofar as I wanted to do something April Foolish, my brain is just a blank slate today. I think this spate of cold, gray weather is just chewing on what little bits and pieces are left in my head. For example, earlier, I stepped outside to take a picture of whatever I could find, and I looked up to take a shot of the clouds overhead (actually, it's just one big cloud that stretches from the middle of Lake Michigan to Colorado for all I know), and my camera couldn't focus on it since it has absolutely no detail, and it's just an endless shade of gray.

That's depressing.

I also need the UV rays. Desperately. Without them, as a result of the pain in the ass that is psoriasis, I wind up with big, itchy, nasty, inflamed welts that feel as though someone spent a lot of time grinding a cigar out on me.

Don't worry, though. Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny (not terribly warm, but sunny), and just the thought of seeing the sun again has me feeling like a sailor who finds himself after six-months at sea on shore-leave during nickel-beer and two-for-one hooker night.

Okay... Maybe not that nutty, but me and the sun are pals. And, you know, I got this somewhat expensive camera, and I'd really like to take a picture of something that isn't shrouded in gray. It's like a dirge out there. Even the birds sound pissed off when they chirp.

Oh. If you're curious, here's what the weather looks like for me. Talk about maddening.

Fortunately, the BSG marathon is still going on, so it's not like I don't have a handy distraction to keep me from turning into a cutter. And, to honor those behind this show whose timing couldn't be better, I think I'm going to make some toast!

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/01/2008 08:50:00 AM

4 comments:

  1. Happy April Fools Day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS depressing!  I'm in SW Florida and it's 85* here today (no fooling). Why
    would anyone want to live that far North?! Nice closeline tho.  Have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ... Milwaukee ... did you ever see either LaVerne or Shirley ..?  Yeah, pretty original ... anyway, hope you have the best day ..!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very, very nice shot!!!  Sharp detail....the wood looks so rich in color, & the sway of the clothes line is really nice.  You definitely know what you are doing...loved how you just kept the first clothes pin iin focus!  I hope to see you continue with our challenges!!!
    Marie

    ReplyDelete