Thursday, April 17, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Blogcrushing...

Earlier today, John Scalzi came out and posted his blogcrush, and I thought I'd do the same...

I've got a couple because I'm such a sad, lonely fool...

The first is Felicia Day. Some of you may know her from her stint on Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I've never watched Buffy, so I have no idea about that (put the knife down, Holly. I just can't get into Buffy). Recently, she's been doing the award-winning online series The Guild (If you're not watching The Guild, you're just not walking among the cool people of this planet. It's like funny, only funnier).

Felicia was also in a Cheetos commercial that's been bouncing around. She doesn't say anything, and her antics are limited to ruining some evil woman's whites in a laundromat. But, she's just brain-fryingly hot throughout the whole thing.

And she's a red-head. And she's smart. Brilliant. And she likes video games! And... and... She's smart!

Speaking of smart, my next blogcrush is Abby of ERV. She's gorgeous, she's funny, and I'm pretty sure she's got enough brain power to shoot lasers out of her eyes. She's not only on the cutting edge of HIV research, she's also really great at smacking the hell out of creationists. In fact, her public eviscerations of Billy Dembski are the stuff of legend, and it's no coincidence that she was among the first to note the convenient similarities between the Harvard/XVIVO film "The inner life of the cell," and the snippet used in the movie Expelled which, not only detailed the accuracies of the XVIVO film, but the exact errors as well (pretty damning stuff when you're claiming that you came up with it all by your own little self).

In fact, if it wasn't for Abby's big, face-eating puppy, I'd probably be camped out on her front lawn.

And, finally, though I don't think she has a blog, my last current crush is Tara Guelig:



Yeah... If I ever see her tooling down the road, I am totally going to smash my car straight into hers. So, Tara, if you're ever in Wisconsin, for your own safety, please let me drive you around.

So, there you have it. Those are my three current blogcrushes this week. I'm sure the list will change by Saturday. In fact, it may very well change by the time I eat dinner tonight.

One never knows these things, do they?

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/17/2008 02:14:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. ... driving down Wisconsin is a risk, eh ..?  Now I see where Static X drew the inspiration for that awesome CD of theirs ... 'Wisconsin Death Trip' ..!

    ReplyDelete