Wednesday, April 9, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Storm's a comin'...

So, I've been a little busy building up my collection of camera-related stuff by ordering various odds and ends and sundry necessities from Adorama (I love that place, and I'll be posting more about them in the future), and without thinking, I seem to have created something which may very well bring about the complete and total destruction of humanity --or, at the very least, a gun-blazing showdown of various delivery folks on the street in front of my house.

It seems everything is going to be delivered tomorrow...

First, via regular US Mail, I'm getting a step-up ring and a much better SD card than the ones I'm currently using.

Then, UPS is bringing me a cheap tripod so I can start taking some super-slick, long exposure shots as well as some nice, clear, twitch-free, non-spastic macro pictures. Yay!

Now, insofar as having these two polar-opposite parcel toters hanging out in front of my house on the same day could lead to a stabbing, it gets much worse...

The creepy brother of the delivery world, FedEx, is also bringing me a new batch of Humira hypodermics tomorrow, and it's crystal clear that things are going to get crowded out there, and seeing as how I'm an evil, godless bastard, I'm thinking about trying to time it right so I can order a pizza and some Chinese food to just send the entire delivery world into chaos at every freakin' level.

In fact, had I known what I was getting myself into, and that I would potentially bring about the end of the world, I'd have also ordered some Girl Scout cookies to be delivered tomorrow just to provide the icing on the cake of humanity's destruction.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/09/2008 01:43:00 PM

5 comments:

  1. Cheap tripods are okay in fine weather but if they're too light the wind can still cause camera shake. Solution - hang something weighty to the centre struts. Hope that's helpful.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For the neighbors entertainment, how about having 2 Men& A Truck show up? Or have some sod laid quickly on the front yard? Or a lemonade stand?

    ReplyDelete
  3. thin mints to celabrate would be proper

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shall I send you flowers as well? Candygram?

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be rolling out the red carpet if I was you..
    Let's hope they don't get lost......

    ReplyDelete