Monday, April 21, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Get a Better Watch...

Here's another reason why I have problems with religion:
Muslim call to adopt Mecca time
By Magdi Abdelhadi
BBC Arab affairs analyst

Muslim scientists and clerics have called for the adoption of Mecca time to replace GMT, arguing that the Saudi city is the true centre of the Earth.
(Full Story)
Now, I'm an neither a Muslim scientist nor a Muslim cleric, but I'm pretty certain that the center of a sphere is not a point anywhere on the surface of that sphere. In fact, I'm pretty sure most third grade students have a better understanding of geometry than these god-soaked potato-heads whose ancestors pretty much invented the math which contradicts their inanity.

I don't know what it is, but sometimes religion just makes otherwise bright people think, do, and say the dumbest freakin' things on the planet, and now some Muslims want the world to measure time in accordance to their religion's perspective.

Call me mean, but I believe if time is to be based on the so-called Religion of PeaceĆ¢„¢, our clocks should be digital, they should start at whatever time you wish, they should run backwards and, finally, our clocks should explode when they hit zero. To me, that is Mecca time. But, I digress...

The fact that some "scientist" out there believes that the center of the earth is some point actually on the surface of the earth, and the fact that he's not been laughed straight out of whatever scientific community is forced to suffer such dim prattle of a supposed colleague, is not a good sign. I mean, if Mecca actually is the center of the earth, then I can't imagine what this will do to that ages old question of how many licks it takes to truly get to the center of a Tootsie Pop (According to Mecca Time, it would only take one if you're lucky, and two at the most).

Finally, I know that this is nothing more than yet another attempt by a handful of religious zealots to legitimize their religion above all others (the same thing is happening here in America with the power-craving Christians), and I think the best way of handling this is to simply point and laugh at the stupid people. After all, when your religion drives you so far away from reality that you do something so screechingly stupid as to suggest this, you should be mocked.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/21/2008 06:17:00 PM

1 comment:

  1. Pointing and laughing right along with ya.

    B.

    ReplyDelete