Sunday, April 6, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Sunday's Picture!

Ya know; I realized this morning that with this blog, I've been doing considerably more posting of pictures of odd stuff, than I have actually writing. In a way, it's nice not having to think too hard, but I do also feel somewhat guilty since writing is my chosen forte. Words are fun little things, after all. But, there's a certain zen quality to just romping around taking pictures of things. It's as if there's some sort of odd communication going on between my brain and the world around me as I try to figure it all out. I think peering through a lens is silent, solitary and a step toward seeing the world in a unique and interesting way.

Then again, if I start making my own pencils and rattling on about ponds and whatnots, hopefully someone will slap the transcendentalist dreck out of my head before I find myself living in a mud hut in the middle of the woods.

Dive

Now, today's picture is nothing fancy, but it was one of those flukes that just seemed to find its way into my lens. I was actually out puttering around with a circular polarizer, and I wanted to see how it handled the contrast between the red cars (that's part of my Jeep, by the way) and the green of the feeder.

When I reviewed the picture, I kind of giggled since it looks more like this little bird was thrown at the feeder rather than actually showing any signs of coming in for a sensible landing. However, I assure you, the little guy is most certainly alive, and I'm not in the habit of tossing dead animals in the air just to get that all-important "action shot." At least, not birds. But, if you guys ever see me post a picture of a flying raccoon, then you can be suspicious.

Aside from that, it's Sunday. And, my only plans so far are to keep my achy knees wrapped up and tidy up a few writing projects (yes. Just because I'm not writing here all that much doesn't necessarily mean that I'm not off scribbling somewhere else).

Well, I've gotta scamper (or wobble, waddle or what have you). I hope your day is a good one.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/06/2008 11:26:00 AM

4 comments:

  1. ... why do you 'waddle'?  What's up with your knees ..?

    ... you could share more about what the pictures say to you a little more ... I get the feeling that you are superficial in that area ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture! Looks like a chickadee.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with the raccoon throwing.  Those things stick to you like velcro when you pick them up.  ;)  (I'm NOT kidding.. at the old rescue we called them the little velcro)  The bird looks like he's doing a kamikaze for sure.  Vrrrrrrrrooooooom.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't ever say you're not LUCKY to land such as shot as that!  I find that totally fascinating.  I think you do a great job with your blogging and bringing more pictures in only adds to the interest value, in my opinion.  You've got more than 1 talent so be proud and share them with us!  Chrisor

    ReplyDelete