Saturday, April 12, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] I Suppose I Should Say Something.

Hey folks!

Not much going on here today. The weather is still a drag, and the only thing I really feel like doing is finding a comfy barstool to sit and suck down some bloody marys and deep-fried goodies while watching the rain.

Other than that, there's not too much on my mind at the moment.

So, I suppose I will call today my Official De-Lurk Day.

The rules are simple. If you are dropping by here or my AOL Journal, take a moment to leave a comment to say howdy, hi, or what have you.

Commenting on my Blogger blog is ridiculously simple since I use the OpenID set-up, and you can use a host of other internet accounts to sign-in.

There's also the "Name/URL" way of doing things where you can, obviously, just leave your name, or your name and a link to your blog if you wish, or your neighbor's name and a link to a used-car dealership in Poughkeepsie.

Or, finally, there's always the anonymous route made famous by the Dawnster.

Nonetheless, if you are one of the many lurkers lurking around here, do take a second to say hello and, if you wish, tell us about yourselves. If you need something to get you started, well, I'll ask you:

How do you feel about cheese?

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 4/12/2008 11:41:00 AM

10 comments:

  1. hi, I have been lurking for quite a while.  Cheese, is well cheesy, and who doesnt like cheesy?  I too am a chronic pain sufferer, so I can relate.  Keep writing and photoging, thanks for giving me something something to look forward.

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm not a big cheese fan but when we were in Italy one year we stay in a swanky hotel where they bring out the cheese board after your meal. That was the first time I tried gorgonzola and I was hooked immediately.
    Had they told me what it was before I'd tried it I would have avoided it like the plague. Just goes to show eh?

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The same sort of thing happened to me in Italy.  The only difference is that they brought me this huge wedge of Pamigiano-Reggiano to gnaw on after dinner, and, though I love that parmesan, I thought it was a little much.  I mean, another cake would have been nice, ya know?  

    Gorgonzola rules, though.  I put it in a lot of my cream sauces.  It's great to add a bit to an alfredo sauce and dump some over a grilled chicken breast.  

    It's Yummy!


    Hiya Sue!  Please to meet you.  How do you do?  What's new?  Have you seen my shoe?  I think it was near the glue.  Oooo...  

    Alright.  If you meet me, you can slap me.  

    Thank you for the very kind words, and I'm happy to hear you enjoy dropping by.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooops...  It should be "Pleased to meet you."  

    Fortunately, that doesn't blow the rhyme-scheme.  :)

    Carry on,
    The Management

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Dan,
    Cheese is my life!  I haven't met a cheese I didn't like.  That can pretty much be explained by saying I am a former Cheesehead.  I grew up in Eau Claire, then went to college in Madison, moved to Milwaukee, then Sussex.  Now I'm living in a near north suburb of IL.  Don't call me a FIB.  :-)  I still get back to WI fairly often to gamble and see friends and family.  I love reading your blog cuz it reminds me of other WI folks I know.  In fact, I often wonder if we might not know some of the same people!  Keep up the good work.  You're an inspiration!  Chrisor

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cheese is good. I like it/ Time for the Masters on TV. I like golf too, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi-
    A daily lurker,so obviously I enjoy your "life"!
    I also like cheese, have 2 cats,a dog,and live in California.
    Take care!
    ~Terry

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi. That's it just Hi.
    B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cheese? Yummy goodness, of course. Part of my balanced breakfast is a piece of cheese, and it's usually part of my lunch, too. Now that I think about it, I usually have some on a salad at dinner...oh, and it's often included in whatever I make for dinner. I've found that everything tastes better with cheese.

    I don't believe I've been a lurker--I haven't been shy about leaving comments here, because I enjoy your entries. I cordially invite you to visit me and leave a comment. I beed you velcome....

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love cheese, particularly a "new" one called the Dubliner........

    then again, I'd have to lurk, to de-lurk, eh?

    So, what's YOUR favorite cheese?

    ReplyDelete