Monday, March 10, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Waiting to thaw.

Let's see...

It's a balmy twenty-seven degrees here this morning, the sun is shining, and for the first time since November, the wind isn't howling and banging against the sides of the house in an attempt to introduce itself to me.

"Hi. I'm Wind." I figure it would say as the wall comes crumbling down and my eyes are blown dry and glued into place.
"Hello Wind. You're a little cold. Do you think you could maybe go away or something?" I figure I would say.
"Nope. You and me are going to be pals until June! BFF's and everything!"

Nonetheless, there's no wind today, so I can keep that little conversation tucked inside my gray matter for another day. Hopefully, I'll never have to use it.

Unfortunately, twenty-seven is still a bit chilly, but it's being reported that the temperature is supposed to climb into the thirties sometime today, and, even better, tomorrow should be in the freakin' forties! So, if nothing else, I think this can be seen as a sign that the worst is over and this thing called "spring" is on its way. Woohoo!

In other news, the clone, or my twin, is coming home from San Diego sometime tonight, and I'm pretty sure the first thing I will do is make the sun-soaked bastard walk home from the freakin' airport rather than have to sit in the car listening to him rattle on about how sunny and warm it was in Southern California.

Then again, I do have a Jeep, and I guess I could take the top down and the doors off and really watch him suffer on the road home since I'm sure he didn't pack a hat.

Aside from that, I do have a bit of a heap of other writing to do on this somewhat less-than-lucid Monday. Daylight Savings Time just blows the hell out of my perception of things. It's annoying, and it's a concept whose time has long since come and gone. You'd think a simple hour wouldn't make that much of a difference, but it's just enough to be a needle in my internal clockwork screwing everything all to hell.

So, that said, I hope your Monday is a wild one. I'll try to be back later. Right now, however, before I do anything, I think I really just need to go stand in front of the window and let the sun shine on my frosty toes.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/10/2008 10:03:00 AM

3 comments:

  1. I
    can
    not
    STAND
    daylight "savings" time.

    I heard today is "take a nap" day.  Can I start doing that everyday until they change the clocks back to normal?  Please?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sun?  Wait, you had SUN today?  You mean the giant ball in the sky that throws off waves of warmth?  That sun??  I want some sun.  Give it!  Can you believe we get excited over forty degree weather?  In the middle of July I'll be bitching because it's in the 90's and TOO sunny.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. PSSSHHH...only twenty-seven?...that's frisbee weather.  Just kidding.  This clay trapped snowbird would love sum dat. ;)  C.

    ReplyDelete