Sunday, March 16, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] I wanna go THERE!

Click to embiggen

I was kind of surprised when I pulled this picture out of my camera and looked at it. I didn't do much to it other than crop it to ditch the side of my neighbor's house and boost the contrast a smidge to make the moon show up a little better.

Nonetheless, if you look at the large version, you can actually see a bit of detail. In fact, it's a hell of a lot more detail than I'd expect from a small 18-55mm lens. Of course, it helps that it was freakin' cold again, and the winter sky was nice and painfully clear as a result.

Anyway, I took this at about 4 in the afternoon. And, well. I just wanted to toss this one up here. After all, it's got blue in it. Lots and lots of blue! It's not its usual shade of mind-numbing gray. It's actually a color I can wrap my mind around!

Yay blue!

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/16/2008 10:36:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. Go South my friend....Go South for warm air and ultra blue skies.
    You do have the right idea there, it is a beautiful picture that shows all the promise of bright days....Springs almost here, right?
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clear cold skies are sometimes breathtakingly exquisite.  And, yes, cold.

    The moon in daylight -- great capture!  

    ReplyDelete
  3. That colour blue is glorious.
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete