Sunday, March 16, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Tweaked...

Here's a "fixed" version of this obnoxious little flower...


If you click on the picture, it'll take you to a much larger version (1,600x1,064). I sorta like it. It's got whiskers which also happen to catch whatever cat hairs are flying around the house. And, considering that DeafCat has this odd habit of sleeping in front of the vent which blasts out insanely hot air, I suppose it's only a matter of time before this plant begins to look like a cat.

By the way, funny thing about DeafCat and her sleeping in front of the heater: The air coming out of there is really quite hot, and you'd think that sort of thing would disturb her. It doesn't. Even when she gets to the point where I need oven mitts to pick her up, she seems to really enjoy being cooked.

Alright. I'm off to go see if I can catch the sunrise at the end of the street. Enjoy your Sundays people!

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/16/2008 06:29:00 AM

5 comments:

  1. Our cat (Sheeba) also likes to lay on the registers. He'll start off standing over it, with his front paws to either side, then he eventually plops his entire body over it. As he gets into a deeper sleep, he'll turn on his side with the air blowing onto his belly. I read somewhere that cats' nerve endings have a much higher heat threshold than humans', so what would roast us feels just toasty warm to cats. Strange little critters, aren't they?

    I'm glad you're having fun with your new camera--great pictures! I had a ball when I first got mine. Mine has a feature where you can highlight colors, and the background will be black and white. I took a picture of some dying roses which turned out pretty cool.

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marc, glad you put the new camera to work. That shot is exceptional, Good work, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great shot Dan.

    B.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Older cats get cold easier.  I think some cats would sleep on the stove while it was on if it wouldn't cause severe burning and oh yeah, death.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fired cat huh? Never tried that.
    Gaz ;-)

    ReplyDelete