Friday, March 21, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] And Now the Weather...


In college, at some point during my Freshman year, I took a meteorology class because... well... I think someone said I needed it. I'm not sure what I learned, but here's what I know.

It's snowing... again...

I got an "A" in that class, by the way.

Anyway, one of the newspeople here in said that she was really amazed that, as this morning has progressed, the temperature has actually gone down.

Now, I'm not a newsperson, but I'm pretty sure that temperature drop has something to do with the fact that there's a freakin' billion tons of ice piling up out there. Then again, perhaps she's the kind of woman who puzzles over the operation of an ice-cube? I mean, they really don't come with directions do they? After all, it's not like they've got "add to booze for more fun" printed on them.

Oh well... I also took a psychology class in college, and I think now would probably just be a perfect time to revisit that chapter on denial.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/21/2008 08:10:00 AM

1 comment:

  1. I am laying in bed typing away and loking at 3 inches........... Snow that is ;-)
    Its freaking freezing out there.
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete