Wednesday, March 19, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] A Little Hope.


Tomorrow's the first day of spring; so, why not post a picture of a tulip?

I mean, it's springy.

As far as seasons go, I like spring (although, in this part of the world at this time of year, summer is much, much more appreciated). And, though I don't know much about that whole "young man's fancy" thing since I don't seem to have any distinct object of affection (stalker's obsession? Yes. Affection? Not so much), I think I'll probably do my best to do what I can to enjoy the equinox tomorrow by foraging in the forest for grubs and berries to take pictures of. I mean, it's either that, or I just go completely off the rails and wind up in a lithium-induced haze in some institution somewhere, and though that would be a great freakin' vacation, there are things that I need to get done.

Fortunately, tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and forty degrees. To me, that's like Fiji. On the other hand, on Friday it's supposed to snow again. So, I am looking in the yellow pages, but they don't seem to have a section labeled "loony bins."

I guess we'll just have to cross burn that bridge when we come to it.

As for today, it's yet another gray drag of a day in a colorless world. So, I think I'll probably just bury myself in my writing work and just try to make the day whiz by so tomorrow gets here a little quicker.

By the way, Gaz and Phil are getting hitched tomorrow, and I think it's a freakin' great idea getting married on the first day of spring. Of course, I've always figured I'd get married on the last day of planet earth, so, you know, we all have our romantic sides, don't we?

Congratulations, Gaz and Phil. I do wish I could be there, but I'd probably just show up a day late, a dollar short, and drunk as hell since I really seem to be having a rough time keeping track of one day or the next.

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/19/2008 06:59:00 AM

4 comments:

  1. Oh Man, thanks for your comments in your J. So many of you guys have sent such lovely wishes and thanks for the comments on my wedding shower page set up by Cin and Holly. I am sure the day will come in America when all can celebrate love for each other. I do consider myself lucky that I live in a country which is far more tolerant and have a government that seperates religion from the state.
    Love ya Mate. Thanks, Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH, yes, the first day of Spring.  Hope.  Et al.

    Many well wishes to the (almost) newlywed's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dan, just wondering when you would actually see a tulip in bloom if you had planted bulbs. In PA I see the tulips just breaking ground and think it will be another month until the bloom. I can't wait that long. I need to see them NOW. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Bill,

    Yeah...  I don't think I'll see the tulips bloom around here for probably about another month or two depending on the weather.  

    I'm with you though.  Man, it would be great to see some signs of life outside instead of all this gray and brown stuff everywhere.  

    Thanks,
    Dan

    ReplyDelete