Tuesday, March 18, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Ooo... Cool.

This is actually kind of a cool picture, and I figured I'd post this confused mess here.

Earlier today, as things were their usual gray outside, my brother stopped by with a really old 80-200mm Kiron. So, I decided to step out and snap a few pictures of the juniper tree out back (technically, I think it's a shrub, but it's about six feet tall, so I'm calling it a tree).

Anyway, the lens doesn't meter at all on my digital camera, so I had to just sort of guess with shutter and aperture. Nonetheless, I wound up with some sort of odd tilt-shift thing that looks kind of odd. Cool. But odd.

I like it. I'm looking forward to getting out tomorrow to play with this lens a little more.

Aside from that, here's another shot of the juniper from February. It's a little tough to see what's going on from one picture to the next, but maybe it'll help explain stuff.


I find it kind of slick how the background in the first picture is completely eradicated, and the whole thing winds up looking like it's fake. Of course, I suppose I could have framed it better, but cut me some slack. I'm new to this whole shutterbug silliness.

Other than that, no reason for posting this.

Carry on citizens!

-DP


--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/18/2008 09:53:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. Dan, if ya weren't so far away, I would have you come take photos of my civil partnership tomorrow :-)
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You post them because you know I HAVE to see how that new camera works.  ;)  I want a new one.. BADLY.  I just can't figure out anything with my canon powershot.  I'm like ok, I need to go back to dslr instead of point and shoot.  Oh and very neat picture up top.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well professional or not, I like em. Like the first one better though. Although I did think it was some kind of undersea photo (coral, maybe?) upon first glance.

    Very nice. Have a good day.
    Morgan
    http://journals.aol.com/Sneezy7125/RandomThoughts

    ReplyDelete