Friday, March 14, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] It really is the hardest part...

I'm just sort of lumbering around, gawking out the windows and doing nothing more than simply waiting on top of waiting. It blows.

Totally.

On the other hand, I really do have to give the folks at Amazon credit for being freakishly, suspiciously quick to ship my order. I mean, I ordered this camera on Wednesday, and I picked the garden-variety shipping. Yesterday, they tossed it into a box (along with a few other goodies), and before I could make heads or tails of it all, this morning, when I answered an obnoxiously ringing phone, I was told that a package was coming sometime between 10 and 4, and my signature was required.

Unfortunately, now I'm scared. I mean, the only reason why they would ship something that fast would be because whatever is in that box is pretty damn dangerous, and they want to get the hell away from it as soon as humanly possible. The thing is, when placing my order, I know I didn't check the box labeled "This order qualifies for five pounds of free Plutonium as well as free Super-Saver Shipping."

Nope. I just picked the six-dollar standard stuff with no free anything --not even gift wrap (though I did think about ordering the thing wrapped for a few seconds, but that would have been weird).

So, what's the rush? Are they just committed to fast service, or is it something much more sinister?

Oh well... I guess I'll just have to wait and see. And, wait... And wait... And, wait some more.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/14/2008 10:50:00 AM

4 comments:

  1. So now I'm singing Tom Petty?  (The waaaaiiiiiitttting is the hardest part........"

    I'm trying to have fun and make use of my waiting time (different topic), but it's really not that fun and I"m really not making a lot of good use of that time.   If I knew I WOULD receive the prize at the end, then the waiting would be easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an unbelivable order to delivery time span, without any extra fees. Good luck hope ti comes closer to 10 than 4 or you may burst.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These places are getting a lot better about quick shipping.  I ordered a hundred pound ferret cage and it was at my door (from California to Indiana) in a matter of days.  I thought for sure I wouldn't see the thing for 3-4 weeks.  I too briefly thought what the hell is wrong with it!  ;)
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank your lucky stars it isn't being delivered by Royal mail!
    Gzz ;-)

    ReplyDelete