Sunday, March 2, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Bad News For the Blues...

Jeff Healey has died. I was fortunate enough to see the man play once, and the first thing I noticed is that no one should be able to play a guitar that well with the strange way in which he handled that instrument.




I can't say that he was one of my favorites, but I did appreciate him for his talent and the direction he took blues music. If nothing else, Jeff Healey was truly one of the really unique musicians who come along now and then to make you stop and realize that even with the chips stacked against us, it's important to find a way to fulfill our passion, and you have to admire anyone who can laugh in the face of such adversity in the way which he did.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/02/2008 11:41:00 PM

2 comments:

  1. Very cool indeed.
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's dead?

    Wow.

    I didn't realize he'd fought cancer his entire life.  I knew he was blind, and really admired his playing in this fashion, and liked the song Angel Eyes.  I'm glad he was able to be here and share with others all these years.  Condolences to his wife and children.

    ReplyDelete