Thursday, March 6, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] It's an Infestation!


See?

It's a mouse (I know, thanks to my phone camera, it looks more like owl puke, but give it time, I guess).

I caught another mouse last night, and this morning after letting him spend the night alone in the trap to think about what he's done while savoring the delicious peanut-butter lure, I once again trundled the little rodent to the park to release him into the wild.

Now, I'm pretty sure it's not the same mouse. But, oddly enough, he acted just like the last one. I uncapped the trap, gave it shake to get him out and when he hit the ground, the little dude scurried right up beside my shoe to hide from all that damned scary snow.

So, I wiggled my foot to shoo him off, and he ran and dove into the nearest fox-hole/footprint he could find to sort out just what the hell had happened. Dude? One minute, I'm on the stove searching for crumbs from this clumsy bastard's cooking, and the next, I'm surrounded by snow, ice and some sort of shivering, furry tree-type thing with slippers and a freakin' camera?!?

-DP



--

Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/06/2008 11:46:00 AM

3 comments:

  1. AAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.

    I almost feel sorry for the wee thing, who is certainly hoping NOT to become owl food or puke.

    So, your cats aren't living up to their mousing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This had me laughing so hard I thought I was going to wake the whole damn house.  I can just see the mouse going "My EYES, my EYES... I can't see a damn thing except this blurry, warm tree!  Wait, trees don't move like THAT!"  You always make me laugh!
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOLOLOL...:::swiping tears:::...too funny. ;)  C.

    ReplyDelete