Friday, March 14, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] And don't you forget it...

I like this new camera.


For those of you who are curious or care about such things, the camera I picked up is a Nikon D40. I was actually looking for a little more of an upper-end point and shoot, but when I started seeing the prices, I figured this little $500 entry-level DSLR would probably be the way to go. So far, after a day spent blasting off several hundred shots, I have to say, I'm pretty impressed with this little gizmo, and the remarkable little 18-55mm kit lens that came with it.

Nonetheless, I'm looking forward to getting to know this little camera.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/14/2008 07:59:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. Glad it showed up fopr you. at 5 bills it should be good for you. Nikon makes great cameras. Good luck with it and lets see some your better shots. Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm looking to get a new dslr.  I currently have a point and click with a few manual options but it just doesn't have what I'm looking for.  I have an older slr (about five years but in camera terms it's been a century!) I'll have to look into your Nikon.  My aunt and uncle are professional photographers (not like family photo's but work for the big paper in Indianapolis) and have been published in several magazines and books but they know very little about anything less than professional grade camera's so I'm usually on my own choosing one.  I'm trading in the old slr in a few weeks.  Take a lot of photos and give updates!  ;)
    Jamie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm on the brink of getting a DSLR myself. (Pentax K100 Super). All my old lenses will fit too,  what a bonus.
    Enjoy your new toy.
    B.

    ReplyDelete