Sunday, March 16, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Now that's just bad luck, I guess...

I'm sure, by now, you've all heard about the crane collapse in New York which, at the time of my writing this, claimed four lives. And, of course, it's a very sad and tragic story.

However, setting that aside for a moment, you have to stop and wonder about the following:
John PlaGreco, who owns Fu Bar located in the building that was crushed, said he feared one of his employees was dead in the rubble.

"Our bar is done," he said. "The crane crashed the whole building. If I wasn't watching a Yankees game, I would've come to work early and gotten killed."
Yep. The Fu Bar is FUBAR. That's just weird.

Still... Hopefully, though, the number of fatalities as a result of this tragedy will remain where it stands.

Aside from that it's freakin' early, and for some strange reason, I seem to have forgotten how to sleep.

Ugh!

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 3/16/2008 03:51:00 AM

1 comment:

  1. I saw it on the news over here. We have a crane right next to our house at the moment as they are building new apartments. Not good as the winds are like 70 miles an hour today!
    Gaz

    ReplyDelete