Thursday, July 13, 2006

Twin cakes and chili madness...

Mmmm...    Look!  Jackie sent me a picture of a couple of cakes.  I'm thinking there's no way I'm ever going to be able to stop drooling over these two beauties.  Soooo....  yummy...  must...  stop... licking...  my... monitor screen...

    On top of that, earlier today, I received a non-ticking box with no return address in the mail.  And, when I opened it up, I found out  that someone had sent me a can of Skyline Chili direct from Cincinnati.It's Skyline Time!

    What's that, you say?  You think it's strange that someone sent me a can of chili in the mail?  Well...  Maybe it's odd in YOUR world, but it seems like a perfectly normal thing to me. 

    Now, if only I could find a can opener.   I'm totally going all Five-Way on this little puppy once I figure out how to chew my way through this can. 

-DP

9 comments:

  1. Who the hell would send you a can of chili?

    Amanda :-D
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Skyline...I remember when Cinergy Field had a contract with 'em. Yummmm. Someone opened a Skyline franchise here in Indy. It almost seems wrong, ya know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1st off just lookin' at that cake is drivng me crazy. Dan, don't you have a P38, if not get one:
    http://www.georgia-outfitters.com/page52.shtml#photos
    Now, I'd like to mail you a hunk of Taylor Pork Roll...how long do you think a cured pork product would last without refridgeration?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I remember when Cinergy Field was Crosley Field.  I'm not even sure chili was invented yet.  Hmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmm...cake and beans....I'm coming over!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi ! I went to Jackie's journal and left her a comment. I would have to say that I would prefer the cakes instead of chili. Tell her she can send me those cakes and not the chili. I am not a fan of chili but cakes like that I can say I'm definitely a fan. Tell Jackie she can send me desserts if she likes. I am glad you shared this in your entry. I  just lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvve those cakes they look mouth watering.......I'll have to come back and read this entry again and again. Thanks again for sharing this. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL!  Dan! My Cakes!  My Cakes!  Yummmy!  I have been licking my monitor all day too!  Sounds pretty nasty on both our parts! :P

    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  8. yep those cakes look great.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Did Jackie make those cakes. I've had the 5way.  Lemme know whatcha think of it.  Remember....I'm from Texas.
    Barb  

    ReplyDelete