Saturday, July 1, 2006

Holy Crap!!!

Chicken Fried Bacon W/Cream Gravy Recipe

    I...  I...  I simply don't know what to say about the recipe above.  Thanks to Barb for pointing this out to me.  Obviously, the cream gravy makes the dish; however, it might be best to garnish this with a handful of Lipitor or Zocor spinkled on top. 

   I have to say, I've eaten some very strange, crazy, and dangerous foods (blowfish, anyone?), but NEVER in my life have I ever seen anything so glaringly lethal.  I think the only thing more dangerous than this would be to stick a needle in your carotid artery and hook yourself up to an intravenious drip of room-temperature pork fat.  And, while you're at it, why not learn to juggle flaming chainsaws and hand-grenades --blindfolded.  On a wire above a gigantic wood-chipper that spits its shredded exhaust into a flaming pit of rabid, hungry badgers.   

   So, you're probably sitting there thinking "But Dan?  How bad CAN battered, deep-fried bacon actually BE for me?" 

    Well, fortunately the recipe ALSO has the standard nutritional information chart.  It's quite handy, actually. But, please keep in mind, this is served as an appetizer.  Here's the info (surprisingly, it's actually got SOME vitamins):

Nutrition Facts
Calculated for 1 serving (206g)
Recipe makes 6 servings
Nutrition Facts for some measurements or ingredients are not included in data below:
drippings
 
Calories 493
Calories from Fat 365 (74%)
Amount Per Serving %DV
Total Fat 40.6g 62%
Saturated Fat 15.1g 75%
Polyunsat. Fat 4.2g  
Monounsat. Fat 17.1g  
Trans Fat 0.0g  
Cholesterol 107mg 35%
Sodium 693mg 28%
Potassium 341mg 9%
Total Carbohydrate 16.4g 5%
Dietary Fiber 0.4g 1%
Sugars 0.1g
Protein 14.7g 29%
Vitamin A 282mcg 5%
Vitamin B6 0.2mg 11%
Vitamin B12 1.0mcg 16%
Vitamin C 1mg 2%
Vitamin E 0mcg 2%
Calcium 135mg 13%
Magnesium 26mg 6%
Iron 1mg 6%
Alcohol 0.0g   Caffeine 0.0mg
detailed view... | how is this calculated?

-DP

9 comments:

  1. I'm queasy just reading that recipe. The gravy part, especially....GAK! (But if the bacon was covered in chocolate syrup...hmmmm....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi !!!!!!! I'm not sure I'm ready to try Chicken Fried Bacon w/Cream Gravy that sounds a little too rich for me. I am still working up the nerve to make the chocolate covered bacon. I don't know if my arteries can take all of these dishes. I will seriously need my cholesterol checked after reading this. You are making me hungry just reading this entry. Blowfish ???????? I don't know. Honestly I love your journal it puts a smile on my face every time I visit. Do take care or perhaps do I need to worry that your at home covered in bacon grease.......Do keep us posted. Byyyye for now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! you'd need a boat...
    nat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously...one of us HAS to do it, Dan. Oh by the way, I think the magazine I read this in also included chicken fried lobster and of course crayfish (crawdads, whatever the hell). You can 'chicken fry' anything I suppose.  My favorite new fried goodie of the moment is Bottle Caps.  No no, not the candies.  Battered and fried jalapeno slices. Oh MY God they are good.  Let me know if you do the bacon.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. as a person on Lipitor I can say this:  actually 107mg of cholesterol is less then a piece of chicken (135mg) which is what one on Lipitor should be eating (no red meat)..  however if that doesn't get you the sodium (salt) will!..  Now.. actually if only worried about cholesterol level one could eat this... however, if you like bacon alot and "one piece" is not enough and you tend towards 2 or 3 (or more) then you are in deep doo-doo!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yikes!!!  I bet it tastes good though! LOL!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol sounds like it's going to kill you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like while eating that, over the sound of chewing you would be able to hear your arteries clogging, and I am not talking Riverdance clogging. :-D

    Have a great Fourth! Be careful out there!

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  9. eat this better be good the rest of the week , sinfull  lolololo

    ReplyDelete