Thursday, July 13, 2006

I'm Such a Hater...

Hi.  Pay attention to me.     With his new album, Justin Timberlake is claiming that he is going to "reinvent" pop music.

    Justin Timberlake is an idiot.
 
    I spent a bit of time listening to his latest single "SexyBack," and after a few minutes, I wanted to dunk my head in a bucket of lye, rip my ears from the sides of my head and smash them together like one of those smiling, wind-up, cymbal-playing monkeys.  Yeah..  I may even nod my head like one in total, blissful stupidity. 
    
    How do I know this song is going to be a total failure?  It's pretty easy.  He's already started blaming other people by saying his new song is like "David Bowie and David Byrne doing a cover of James Brown's 'Sex Machine.'" 
 
    Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't mind seeing Bowie and Byrne crank out a version of that song.  In fact, it might even help restore my opinion of David Bowie's musical sensibilities after that sexually-ambiguous, yet wildly terrifying and painful "Dancing in the Streets" duet he did with Mick Jagger.  However, Justin should just accept it as his own, and not drag these poor adults into his childish, backside madness.  After all, if you're going to "reinvent" something and be unique, it's usually not a good idea to say that you're ripping off other people.
 
    Honestly, I worry about the children.  I worry about James Brown.  This could be just the excuse he's looking for in order to embark on a year-long, crack-fueled, Waffle House-trashing rampage.  After all, his sanity is pretty sketchy as it is.  Poor James Brown is like a cat standing over a sprinkler --you want to turn it on to torture the poor animal for some easy laughs, but you know the second you do, he's going to turn your favorite pair of shoes into a litter box the first chance he gets.   
 
    Of course, I blame Britney for all of this, and I'm thinking that anyone who comes in contact with her feels some strange urge to write crappy songs about women's asses.  Her husband/pet/dependent child K-Fed dumped a steaming load of PopoZao on the music industry in which he clucked on and on about his fascination for back ends, so why wouldn't Justin, lacking the crazy-mad linguistic skillz to match K-fed's feeble grasp of Portuguese, write one too? 
 
    Personally, I think Justin should just get it over with and write a song titled, "Hey K-Fed!  I Deflowered Your Wife."  I think I'd listen to that.  I'd listen so long as he didn't drag any real musicians into his insecure madness. 

13 comments:

  1. Ha!

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  2. So... Dan... Tell us how you really feel? ;)

    -Amanda
    (the other one)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stand Justin Timerlake. He isn't sexy at all. I think whoever told him he was anything needs to get their ears and eyes checked. Just goes to show you how many idiots there are in this world.
    Kathy
    http://journals.aol.com/kuhlhiggins/AdventuresinKatLand

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll bet you feel better now, having gotten that all off your chest. Hee hee.

    We are the goon squad and we're coming to town
    Beep-beep

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with all of that except the final paragraph - I still wouldn't listen to him. B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, one thing's for certain: I sure as hell wouldn't shake Justin's right hand.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, that hand in the crotch thing is so subtly seductive, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey!  I just noticed!   Justin only has three fingers and a thumb on his right hand.  

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Dan,

    I'm sorry to say that we can't be friends anymore. I can look the other way at the DMB thing but dissing sweet sweet JT? What's next??? Hating on my JLo.? Don't forget that I, your cupcake, am not too far removed from the chaos of Britney. Only my priors don't write songs about "booties" they currently write their congressman to "hide the firearms".
    Give JT a chance, at least he can sing. Would you rather hear Joey Fatone all day?
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  10. Actually, Jenn...  I'd rather spend all day with my tongue stuck in a blender than listen to either Justin, Joey, J-Lo or Britney.

    -Dan

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi ! This entry in your journal made me laugh. I can't say that I am a fan of Justin's new music but some of his old ones are pretty alright. He needs to go back to songs like "Cry Me A River" which was pretty decent. K-Fed isn't worthy of being mentioned his music is awful to say the least. I can't wait until Britney realizes what a mistake she's made and end up divorcing him and taking all of her money with her. He isn't a husband he's another one of her children.

    What do you think of Britney's new hair color ????? I have to ask.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really used to like JT when he was in Nsync.. (stop laughing, Dan... I DID), but not so much anymore..

    :)
    Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  13. your funny, I have never really liked Justin, I mean some songs but wouldn't buy anything from him. I didn't even listen to his new song yet, but I might have to now.

    ReplyDelete