Thursday, June 1, 2006

Welcome to Silly Town!

    It's Thursday.  So, soon my weekend will start with me closing up my Word program and getting ready to have a much-needed drink with a wonderful woman who occasionally pops into my journals to give my words a little read while she's chained to a desk with a phone glued to her head in a tedious office with only one working window.  The injustice of it all...

    I like pleasant strangers --even if they do sometimes send emails with jokes that leave a vapor trail over my head as a result of my utter lack of comprehension.  The thing is, anyone willing to take a bold step in an attempt to make this curious rascal smile is worth more than gold in my book. 

     Other than that, I've got my niece's wedding tomorrow.  I know.  You're right.  Tomorrow's Friday.  It's madness.  I'm simply not wired to process the significance of a blessed event when the usual Friday course of action is to belly up to a bowl of pretzels at happy hour, have a beer and do my best to forget about the previous week's insanity by talking to my crazy friends.  Church?  Friday?  What the...?  I seem to have found myself on the nutty train to silly town where people go out on dates on Thursday and go to weddings on Friday.  What's the point of Sundays in this screwed up little world?

     So, needless to say, it seems the weekend is kicking off with all the requisite silliness my life needs to keep me going for a while.   

-DP

P.S.  If this entry is poorly written or too brief, take it up with AOL's system folks who keep dumping me.  I'd email my complaint, but it seems that is also not functioning today.  Seems like our once pleasant "online community" has turned into tenement housing overlooking the information super-highway. 

6 comments:

  1. I'd send you a joke, but all I know are dirty ones.  Ok, and lawyer jokes... but those are mostly dirty too.  Good luck getting through the weekend!

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, AOL has been acting ghetto all morning . . . I can't read any of my mail yet today. Hmm? I think I will just sit back and watch a little TV.

    Mwahahahahaha.

    Maybe in that silly town of yours Sundays are dedicated to those of us with spiffy televisions, that way we can just rot our brains and ruin our eyesight for 24 continuous hours. :-D

    Enjoy your date, don't embarass your niece to much at her wedding . . . and by going to church on Friday, wont that get you out of going on Sunday? Smile.

    Take Care!

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you enjoy your date!  And have fun at the wedding, too!
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite Lawyer Joke: How many lawyers does it take to shingle a roof? Depends on how thin you slice them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the vein of the last comment:
    Q: What do you call 10,000 lawyers stacked up at the bottom of the ocean?
    A: A good start.

    AOL was giving me e-mail grief for much of the day as well.
    -Paul
    http://journals.aol.ca/plittle/AuroraWalkingVacation/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I work in a law firm - that's a joke in itself!  Have a great weekend and remember the #1 rule of wedding etiquette:  You are only allowed to get half as drunk as the best man or the recently divorced bridesmaid!

    ReplyDelete