Saturday, June 3, 2006

A Proclamation!

    Let the word go forth throughout the kingdom that whomever can remove the sword from my head will become King. 

    Now, I don't know if I should blame the Cabernet, the Champagne, the tap beer, or the fact that I think my twin brother was dancing on my head last night, but, right now, one thing is certain:  I seem to have had too much fun at last night's wedding, and now my Brain Gnomes seem to be taking out their steroid rage on the inside of my noggin (I know.  It's all my fault.  But, I'm stupid, so can ya really blame me?). 

    Aside from that, I don't like waking up in hotels.  I get so used to waking up in my own bed that when I open my eyes painfully early in this foreign world, it takes quite a long time for me to figure where I am.  Even worse, this room is an absolute cliche, and the artwork on the wall above the bed does nothing to make my head feel any better.  From what I can tell, it may be a painting of a barn, a garage or a duck.  Damn hotel cubism! 

     The good news?  I have a coffee maker in my room.  The bad news is that the coffee comes in a ridiculously tiny, pre-measured filter packet that makes a pot of hot, coffee-flavored water.  That's completely useless to me at this point of the morning. 

      On the other hand, when I checked in, I raided the housekeeper's cart, and  now I have five pre-measured packets of coffee crammed in the tiny little bin.  It's not too bad.  They stack up quite nicely.  It still makes a pretty darn weak excuse for a cup of coffee though. 

     Anyway, the wedding itself was absolutely gorgeous.  I've been to some weddings that have been completely overblown with all sorts of Disneyland-ish nonsense, but this was subdued and simple, and my niece looked beautiful.  It's pretty surreal seeing someone who, just the other day it seems, was crawling around in diapers, now getting married to a great guy who loves her very much. 

     Well, I hope you all manage to have a wonderful day.  I need to wrap this up and begin my quest to find doughnuts, bacon, eggs, chicken-fried steak, anything to eat.  I think I saw some cows on the drive over here.  Maybe I can track them down and sweet-talk one of them onto a plate with a side of toast. 

-DP

1 comment:

  1. LOL you are so funny!  Sorry your head hurts!  Glad the wedding was good!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete