Thursday, June 8, 2006

Weekend Assignment...

    John Scalzi wants us to make a freeway sign (or tollway for those of you living in Illinois.  It's still free here, though, and that's why WE RULE!).  The message is sort of a joke between a friend and I.  She was hyper-grumpy, and I needed to diffuse the situation with the help of a little paradox. 

    I swear, this looks exactly like Milwaukee.  In fact, I think I've seen the back of that guy's head at least half a dozen times. 

   Anyway, the worst traffic jam I've ever been in was a "stau" on the Autobahn that was about 40 Kilometers in length.  It was brutal, and I can't even remember how long it took us to drive through it all.  I think it was more than six hours.  And, as is always the case, when we got to the end of it, what did we see as the cause of this massive traffic jam?  ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! 

    It drove me completely batty at that point.  Obviously, I didn't want to see any carnage on the roadside, but the tidy German road crew could have left a tire, a broken mirror or even a gas cap to make me think, "Man, I just spent the better part of a day stuck in traffic, but at least I wasn't driving the car that gas cap belongs to." 

   Does that make me evil?

-DP

3 comments:

  1. This is a good one!! LOL!!  Very creative.
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your sign very much, gave me quite a giggle! :)

    Always, Carly :)
    http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com/2006/06/john-scalzis-weekend-assignment-115.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Heh. That's very funny. Great sign. It looks like Pittsburgh, though.  :)
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete