Tuesday, June 6, 2006

06/06/06

    Yes.  Today is my birthday.  38 years ago today, my twin and I were brought into this world.  For our family, that made Son #6 (me) and Son #7 (him). 

    So, I am the sixth son, born on the sixth day of the sixth month, and wouldn't you know it, I have absolutely no demonic powers whatsoever (the fact that George Bush doesn't spontaneously wet his pants on national TV is proof of this.  Then again, would anyone really turn to look at me if he actually DID wet his pants on TV today?  I think not).   

    The unfortunate thing is that there are those folks out there who seem to be thinking that today is the start of the end of the world.  So, in light of that, I woke up this morning and had cake for breakfast (and no.  It wasn't devil's food cake.  That joke's been played out).  If the world makes it to lunchtime, more cake.  In fact, I am going to be a maniacal, cake-eating, lunatic for the better part of the day today.  I don't care if a biblical plague of locusts descends upon the earth, I am going to have my cake dammit.  And, it will be good cake.  And, there will be much rejoicing.  Yay!

    Sure, I know today is just another day, and if you find any apocalyptic significance to this date, I recommend you spin over to Paul's blog to read up on the arbitrary nature of calendars.  I'd thank Paul for this effort, but, unfortunately, he's cowering in his "nucular" fallout shelter with a mountain of back bacon and a two-four of Molson. 

    Anyway, I'm off to enjoy the day today.  I hope you all have a good one, and thanks for all the birthday wishes. 

-Dan

Tag:

16 comments:

  1. H A P P Y   B I R T H D A Y   D A N ! ! !

    Damn you are old, shit you could be my father.  :-D (j/k) Well not kidding because really the math works . . . hehe. I am just giving you a hard time cus I know you can take it, and probably like it in one way or another.

    Either way, you are so funny, I love the way you write. You just crack me up!

    Enjoy the day, I am sure nothing remotely demonic will happen to you, I mean it's your birthday and there is cake involved, how could that ever go sour?

    Happy birthday again and take care!

    Amanda :)
    http://journals.aol.com/trickeytricky/CountryMyKindaLivin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuu
    Happy Birthday to Youuuuuuuu
    Hopefully you had a wickedly fun day,
    and you live till tomorrow :o)
    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday!!!!

    Aren't you just a six...sexy guy.... tee-hee

    -The Other Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want demonic powers, dang it!  Might come in useful some day, right?

    Happy Birthday!

    ~Emily

    ReplyDelete
  5. I number my journal entries, and when I got to #666, I wrote this (http://silkendrum.blogspot.com/2006/04/666-devil-made-me-do-it.html) about what the 666 in Revelation 13:18 really means.  

    Much sadness - the photo link isn't working.  Is it you and your twin, or you eating cake?  I wanna see!

    ~~Silk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday!   The photo is great, as all of yours are!  -- Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmmm.  Apparently the photo link is working for others, but not for me.  And the link in my previous comment didn't work for me when I tested it.  It does work when I paste it into a Netscape window.  Bleck.  Is AOL mad at Blogger again?  Mysterious and annoying.
    ~~Silk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ok.  Thanks for sending me the photo.  It DOES show in your journal through AOL, but not via Netscape or Bloglines.  And I figured out what was wrong with the link to an explanation of 666 in my earlier comment - AOL stupidly included the closing parenthesis in the link.  Here's a clean version:
     http://silkendrum.blogspot.com/2006/04/666-devil-made-me-do-it.html

    You may delete my earlier comments if you like, and sorry for all the bother.

    ~~Silk

    ReplyDelete
  9. happy happy birthday
    to you
    to you
    to you...

    mmm...cake...i love cake like a fat kid loves cake...

    what kind of beer are you drinking?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi there...I just happened to come upon your journal one day and loved what i read!  Just wanted to comment and wish you a Happy Birthday!  Hopefully noone will take you out today & get you drunk and get some funky numbers tatooed on your body!  Have a great day!  Ü  

    ReplyDelete
  11. Have a wonderful Bday and eat LOTS of cake!!  Oh...and don't forget to make a wish......and you can tell ONE person what it is <insert evil grin here>.
    Pamela

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy birthday, Dan!  Very cool!  And you are a twin... wicked indeed!  lol

    I have always laughed my a#@ at your comments on Paul's Journal but for some bizarre reason, didn't come to your journal!  

    Glad I did now, I will be back!

    be well,
    Dawn

    http://journals.aol.com/princesssaurora/CarpeDiem/

    ReplyDelete
  13. dude my b-day too!!! viva la antichrists!!!! Except for the well... you know... being ten years younger and hot....
    Happy B-Day Damien
    Lucifer---Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  14. Happy Birthday Dan-The-Man! Love the sign, that was sweet. Enjoy whatever-cake. (I'm a day late posting but it still counts)

    Brenda
    http://journals.aol.com/xomywayox/BrendasWay/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Happy Birthday a day late!  38 huh? I have a son your age (hurts to say that).. and you're a twin?... like .. there are TWO of you out there?  maybe the world is coming to an end!! heh..  Congrats.. I hope this is a banner year for you!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Dan how did yuo talk the church inot putting your strnge but cool name there? huh? oh well Happy Birthday! natalie

    ReplyDelete