Tuesday, January 1, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Starting 2008!

Ouch!

Today is a "not-so-good" day since pretty much every inch of my body feels as though I was out partying like a frat-boy last night; however, I stayed in, put my feet up, watched TV and had what was perhaps the most low-key New Year's Eve in the 39 year history of Dan.

I didn't mind, though. After all, the last few weeks haven't exactly been the most conducive for partying like a lunatic, and, I hate to say it, I am sort of enjoying settling into this life of sloth since the alternative is one of maddening pain.

Laziness?

Or aches?

Tough choice that...

Unfortunately, DogCat wanted to play this morning. So, that was pretty much a freakin' bloodbath. Although, it was kind of funny watching him try to sneak up on me. First, he started beneath the dining room table, and I tried to stifle my giggles as he nudged the chairs all over the place trying to "sneak around" and find a good spot from which to pounce upon me. There was a lot of groaning on his part as he tends to do that whenever he gets excited or frustrated.

Then, when his cover beneath the table was compromised, he scampered to try to hide himself behind a few piles of books which inevitably found their way to the floor.

I think there are moments when he seriously underestimates his size because, once all the books were knocked over as a result of his clumsiness, he tried to hide himself beneath the couch and promptly got stuck with his hind claws carving up the hardwood floor. So, obviously, I took advantage of that by giving him a good rough scratching with an occasional tug of his tail until he was driven completely insane, and when I dragged him out from his "hiding" spot, he immediately curled himself around my arm with his claws sticking out just enough to keep me from yanking my arm away.

From there, it was pretty much just a big, wet mess of cat slobber and teeth and an occasional scream of pain from me.

It was fun. But, still, I wish there were times where he'd play with his other cat toys.

-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 1/01/2008 10:22:00 AM

3 comments:

  1. Dan, now I know why I do not have a cat.
    Have a great new year, Bill

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a wonderful new year and be sure to check out my newest post! I have mentioned you! ~G

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahahaha.  At least I distracted one with some crocheted yarn, and another by putting him on my lap.  Then again, the first one decided he wanted to sit on thee sheet of colored paper I was needing to cut up into "sunshine" shapes, while the second one decided that the sunlight shining off the scissors made for great pouncing fun.

    Ah, yes, well, laziness with cat pain, or aches and pains.  I'd still pick the first.

    Happy new year -- may you get proper pain killer drugs SOON.

    ReplyDelete