Sunday, January 6, 2008

[The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind] Random Sunday Blogeration...

Sooo.... Mitt Romney said that drug companies aren't evil and that the reason for the ridiculously high prices for medications is because of the thundering hordes of evil, poor people getting their meds from Canada.

In other words, Mitt Romney is a fucking tool. And, gee... I wonder who exactly is in his pocket? And, I wonder how much of the $1,700 I just paid for two scrawny injections is going into the Romney campaign?

I will get that money back, Mitt. I don't care if I have to start mugging Mormons, ya prick.

Other than that, a moment of inevitable whining...

I figure, when things take a turn for the better for me, I'm going to look back upon some of these entries to see just how long of a stretch I went through here, and how bad it actually was. I mean, I've pretty much rolled untreated, begging for something to make life better, since the middle of November, I think.

Today, it's warmish here in Wisconsin (it's because of a great many souls of New Year's resolution failures stoking the fires of hell that is located in the center of the earth). However, that "warmish" is actually fifty degrees.

That's a balmy freakin' heat wave for Wisconsin, and my neighbors are opening their windows to air the stuffy, winter funk from their winterized abodes. Unfortunately, it's totally overcast, we're socked in with a very dense and dangerous fog, and all that melting snow is making the place pretty damp, and that has settled into my bones making things somewhat achy.

So, I'm putting the sore ankles and feet up, I'm watching football, and I'm thinking it'll be a low-to-no impact day for me.

Aside from that, in other, less prosaic, news. Today is a very special day for a very special little girl who, for every second of the five years she's spent on this planet, has had a very special spot in my heart.

Her name is Maddie, and she's five years old today. So, Happy Birthday, Maddie.

She's the daughter of the girlfriend/ex-girlfriend. During one of our extended "off" phases, the ex got married, had a kid, found herself unhappy and married to a pretty shitty man, got divorced, and somehow wound up back in my life again and again and again...

Nonetheless, as hopelessly unpredictable as her mother can be, little Miss Maddie is the coolest little buddy I've ever had, and she's a big reason why I really have a hard time permanently slamming the door shut on the ex-girlfriend.

The most fun I'd ever had in my life on any one day was when the yard was being landscaped a few years ago. Every bit of grass was torn up, and my yard was reduced to nothing but dirt, and Maddie and I spent a lot of time that day just playing as though it was the world's largest sandbox. And, when she was digging in the dirt where a pear tree once stood and unearthed a very old, long-buried fork, she looked with wide-eyed amazement, and from there, a full-blown treasure hunt was on as Maddie turned my dirt yard into an archaeological excavation unearthing roofing nails, old toys, a spoon and any number of odd rocks and twisted, weird shaped sticks and roots.

I think the funniest thing was how delicately she dug up and removed these items. Whenever she found something, she'd holler and point, and her mother and I would come over and inspect her find. Then, she'd carefully remove a rubber kangaroo or a piece of old, worn glass from its tomb and hold it triumphantly before us with a "wow!"

That day, like a ton of others are burned into my memory, thankfully. Not a second goes by where I don't miss that girl, and even if her mother and I can never get things moving in any sort of direction, I'm glad for those moments I've spent with her and the laughs we've shared.

Let's see... What else is on my mind?

The Steelers really did some dumb freakin' things yesterday (Sorry, Rachael). I mean, every time he got inside the twenty-yard-line, for some reason, Ben Roethlisberger turned into some sort of uncoordinated, paste-eating retard who was so clumsy, it was painful to watch. The only other time I've ever seen a quarterback stumble around so hopelessly was the last time I played football and got saddled with playing quarterback.

The thing is, unlike me, Big Ben is a pretty decent quarterback, so I was kind of surprised to see him chucking up these ridiculously wild passes into parts of the endzone where only a fifteen-foot tall mutant could be capable of catching them.

Oh well... I'm a Packers' fan, so it really doesn't bother me much. Still, I feel bad for the Steelers' fans out there who were subjected to such heartbreak. It was a good game, but, for whatever reason, yesterday, the Pittsburgh Steelers just didn't seem capable of playing a full sixty minutes of football.

Anyway, enjoy your Sunday everyone! I hope this weekend was a wild and wonderful one for you. If anyone needs anything, I'll be around.


-DP

--
Posted By Dan to The Wisdom of a Distracted Mind at 1/06/2008 12:07:00 PM

3 comments:

  1. Your neck of the woods sounds like MY neck of the woods--a dense fog this morning on my way to work, and it's reading 54° here at the moment. From a good foot of snow on the ground, we've gone to bare grass. They're forecasting a thunderstorm tomorrow--that's right, a thunderstorm. I'm keeping my eyes peeled for a tornado....

    Hope you feel better,

    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very surprised when I picked up my prescription fpr Chantix (you know, the pill that helps you quit smoking) that my insurance didn't cover it. One month is $190. Of course they will pay if I die of lung cancer from smoking!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It might hit 70F ish?  I should check that out.

    Romney came across as an entitled immature boy in a sandbox being told he's not likely to get the "big" role in the play any longer and gee whiz, but he has the money to just PAY for that role, why don't they stop getting personal and just give it to him?  Very unimpressive brat-like behavior.

    No respect, or positive excitement for every little find, such as Maddie showed.  Sometimes, children are so much more mature.  Happy birthday, Maddie.  Pretty cool she shares that date with Epiphany.  Well, I like that.  

    ReplyDelete